dmac
Years ago

Kerry Williams Future

Whilst he is currently a cairns taipans development player, he has drawn comparisions with pat mills and been touted as afuture nbl starting pg (currently 21yo)

hes goin well for the marlins (jawai's old team) in the qabl atm..

How do you think his career will progress? huge hype on the kid.

Thoughts?

Topic #19934 | Report this topic

Two Cents  
Years ago

He is absolutely nothing like Pat Mills.

Putting up ok QBL numbers, but not an NBL starter by any means, too small and understrength to go against the big boys. 10-15 minute player and that's it.

Reply #236283 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

What sort of numbers is he putting up in the QBL?

He is in the mold of Pat Mills. However, as said he is no where near him talent wise nor will he ever be.

He could one day start in the NBL depending on his development. Needs to work on his shooting. It will be interesting to see how he goes next season.

Reply #236287 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Nah will be as bigger name as Lachlan Armfield...enough said

His lack of outside shot, kills him, as his penetration becomes to predictable.

Reply #236308 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Ha - Lachlan Armfield. There's a name I haven't heard for a while. Also made me think of Tonny Jensen for some reason - what's he doing these days?

Reply #236309 | Report this post

Sheppo  
Years ago

probably his hair

Reply #236313 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

not only patty's great skill set,but his self belief puts him streaks ahead of any other p/g in oz.
kerry has 1 or 2 things in his skill set that make him a player to watch,he needs to make the defence seriously committ to him and then punish them if they dont,like all great p/g's

Reply #236338 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

kerry needs to work on his jump shot has great great ball skills outside shot is getting better.Drives to the basket with great speed.One more year at college would have done wonders for him.

A year under Fearne will bring him leaps and bounds and in the boomers squad maybe he will have a breakout .

Plays the point well in the QBL avg about 20pts

Reply #236339 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Kerry is a talent, no doubt, he has seen his mate Jawai make it from the islands to the NBA so anything is possible. Not sure on his work ethic...? He needs to get up 200-300 shots a day to consistently drill long balls. He is lightning quick though and is always a danger on defence with his speed.

Reply #237256 | Report this post

Sister Sister  
Years ago

Turn it off haters... Its not about being Patty, his, his own person (But good luck to Patty on his journey)!!Of course he has dreams to play for Australia and what ever else... but stop trying to compare him!! His got skills that i dont think you mob even have that why you commenting on this hating...Keep it up Kezza even though i agree with you King James onthe shots.. Come on budda, I know you got it in you!!!

Reply #254979 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754