Loco
Years ago

Magic @ Cavs - Game 1 **Spoiler**

I'm stuck at work following the ESPN boxscores.

The Cavs are up 63 to the Magic's 48 at halftime.
Looks like LeBron is doing his thing with 26 points and 4 assists.

Superman has 18 points and 6 boards, but has sat out a couple of times on his way to 3 personal fouls.

The 66-foot buzzer beater from Mo HAD to hurt!

Topic #19945 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

I can't believe Mo hit that prayer! That would have felt like a dagger in the heart for the Magic...

The Magic have no answers to LeBron - he is killing them.

Reply #236538 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

A mate here at work is a Magic fan, and I can tell you it was a dagger through his lol

Looks like The King took the "Your Cavs haven't been tested" pre-series talk personal... and here comes 50!

Reply #236540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they are using portable shot clocks after dwights first dunk of the game broke the shot clock....

Reply #236541 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Good game to watch so far too - should be a good, fun series to watch!

Reply #236544 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here's the video of that Dwight dunk:

Reply #236545 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And here's Mo Williams' half-court buzzer beater:

Reply #236546 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

There's a 4.30pm replay on OneHD for those of us stuck watching ESPN boxscores from work.

Reply #236549 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Don't tell me they let you out at 4pm these days Loco!

Looks like things have tightened up somewhat... go Magic!

Reply #236552 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Whoo-hoo!! Go Magic!! And very funny to see LeBron pulling a "Philipoussis" at the end.

Reply #236561 | Report this post

TheFansMan  
Years ago

Yes Yes Yes hopefully that knocks Lebron down a peg or 2.

GO MAGIC!

Reply #236562 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I honestly can't believe it!

Reply #236564 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

hereschenes - They ran a study of overall productivity here and my absence had absolutely no effect :p

Magic by 1 - did NOT see that coming!

Reply #236566 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

These are the games that MJ used to win and Kobe wins that LBJ loses...... D-Wade wouldn't have let this one slip away either.

Reply #236593 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Williams and West. Two reasons they lost, nothing to do with LBJ.

Cavs are just asking way too much of LeBron. They are getting outcoached too. Van 'ron jeremy' Gundy seems to teach his players too move both themselves and the ball, providing open looks. Cavs seem to stand around and watch LeBron. When he is resting, the reality of how weak a pg Williams is really comes to light.

Magic are a team that makes plays, while Cleveland relies on the King to make it happen.

Imagine if either LBJ or Howard had a star to play along with... The first team that signs a legit star to team with their current star....dynasty.

Reply #236600 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Quagmire, LBJ should have guided them home, there are no excuses when you're up 15 at the half and drop the game in the final seconds..... just like Kobe did today, he should have put the final nails in the coffin.

On your other point....

Howard has Lewis, he is on a max contract.

Reply #236612 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

When did the game start to turn against the Cavs? After half-time?

I wonder if their 8-0 status and then Mo's huge shot tipped them over the edge into thinking they were invincible?

It'd be pretty hard to keep that team anchored to the ground after their regular season home record, the two sweeps, LeBron's monstrous three against the Hawks, and then Mo's big bucket to close the half.

Reply #236614 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Quagmire, totally agree with you. LBJ could not have done a lot more than score 49 points. His supporting cast needs to step up. Particularly on the defensive end. If the Cavs try to outgun the Magic they will be full of holes at the end of the series!

On the other side of the coin, I loved to see the sum of Orlando's parts overcome the King and his minions. Hedo played a great game - he is really coming along, having outplayed a worn out Pierce as well in the last series.

Lebron trying to carry the Cavs offence AND shut down Hedo's playmaking at the other end definitely took its toll - the best example was Hedo's 3 late in the game when Lebron dropped below the pick and couldn't recover in time to pressure the shot.

ESP, I'm not sure I'd call Lewis a star just yet - it takes more than a max contract. He has played well in these playoffs though, and made some clutch shots to close out today. So by the end of this series, he might have convinced me he is a star! LOL

Reply #236619 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

I think averaging about 20 ppg and 2.5 3's a game over the last 5 years make him worthy of star status, agree he is not a superstar wade / kobe style.... but his numbers warrant star status i think.

Reply #236626 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754