Anonymous
Years ago

Swine Flu

I hear that all junior football games have been called off for tomorrow due to concerns for the spread of the swine flu.

Will this be looked at by BSA for next week and looking forward could the Vic tournaments be called off. I have heard that it may be taken out of the hands of the associations and may be a direction from the government. Has anyone heard anything else?

Topic #19965 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Expect the government to make announcements soon. The "seize and control" provisions of the necessary Acts are in place, ready to go. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the future.

Reply #236769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was this disease named by a drinker?

Reply #236803 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Im guessing it wouldnt affect any of you because its not a computer virus, and im guessing you guys dont get out much. Losers. A bit harsh maybe, but 1 family 2 schools anfd fuck knows what else.. nuff said. konichiwa bitchez!

Reply #236846 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I'm just concerned at just how serious the health authorities are in containing this disease when one suspect is given home detention and yet the rest of the family can come and go as they please.

Reply #236852 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

I called the swine flu hotline..

but all i got was crackling.

seriously...is this just a fantastic world wide episode of punked?

I expect to see Ashton Cutcher pop up on every TV and computer screen in about 2 days screaming incredibly annoyingly

YOUVE BEEN PUNKED! to the whole world.

Reply #236936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It hit the Adelaide school of SWINESbury!

Reply #236940 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

SARS - that was the most crippling one, the sarsperella drink sales have never recovered!!!

Reply #236962 | Report this post

wondering  
Years ago

Will Melbourne Classic be cancelled next weekend?

Reply #237050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only if their serious about the health of the kids, so NO!

Reply #237259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop being a drama queens/kings. What do you want - for the entire population of the world to be quarantined to their homes.

Reply #237388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is just an ordinary flu doing the rounds.

Some people die from flu every year, mainly because they have additional diseases.

In trying to prove their value, the World Health Organisation shot itself in the foot when they kept on rising the alarm levels.

Reply #237589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the news tonight it mentioned governments gearing up to cancel major sporting events if there is a further spread of the flu!

Reply #237643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting to know if Classics and Nunawading are going to be cancelled, considering they are talking about cancelling Afl games

Reply #237665 | Report this post

Gambler  
Years ago

Mexico City...a population of approx 20 million & they have around 100 or so people die from Swine flu?

There bloody good odds to survive.

Swine flue = Mass hysteria.

Reply #237889 | Report this post

CONCERNED PARENT  
Years ago

You would think they would cancel the Vic tournaments, it would be the sensible thing to do!!! look how many schools have been closed over there? with thousands of kids playing over the weekend it could turn out to be very dangerous.

Reply #237976 | Report this post

sick of it  
Years ago

Beelieve the melb tournaments over the june long weekend will be cancelled tommorrow due to flu.

Reply #237979 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Perhaps the SA teams could go to Mildura instead!! if YOU ARE SUCH A CONCERNED PARENT - make your own decision and don't go!!

Reply #237986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon... actually a Victorian!! just concerned this could spread further wih so many children being in contact!!!!!

Reply #238071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

read other posts its obvious i am not the only one!!!!!

Reply #238074 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:20 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754