Inbound
Years ago

RIPPED OFF by Foxtel

How do you avoid being ripped by foxtel.. NBA was on standard fax package then they moved to espn and charged more now they are slowly moving to HD and want to charge more .. soon there will be no nba available unless u have 1q2 + hd.. pi**ed off.
Does anyone know which channel the Final games will be on..
What other alternatives are there..

Topic #19969 | Report this topic

Freddy Felcher  
Years ago

Yep. FreeView plus internet = complete NBA coverage. and did i mention it was free. I had bad experiences with Fox and really all i had it for was sport. So it made no sense to pay 75 a month to watch avg basketball coverage.

Reply #236796 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

twas uncool

Reply #236797 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

I'll be giving mine up after the finals...I'm already on the platinum package and they can't give me my ESPN in HD for no extra? stuff 'em.

Reply #236804 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Spare a thought for country basketball fans who don't get One HD. We have no choice but to watch ESPN (on Austar)or via the internet (and even then access and appropriate speed is not guaranteed).

Reply #236806 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

I have negotiated my monthly package down to $30 which includes ESPN if that helps.

I just told them that no NBL and with ONE HD showing NBA i did not need it.

Reply #236807 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

I think you guys are expecting too much...least you get to watch the games...thats more the point...dont like it, chuck it in, like it, pay for it..

Reply #236810 | Report this post

we have fox HD and get more games than enough.

college, nba, euro - and wnba about to start.

you are out of touch - when did your work last give something away for nothing - get with the programme / economy.

fox do shape shift a little - I remember they used to push "no ads".

they have always advised of package changes.

Reply #236831 | Report this post

Freddy Felcher  
Years ago

I think pigs o war must work for fox..

Reply #236848 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

nah mate, just dont like ppl whining when all they have to do is make a call and turn it off..no big deal...

Reply #236850 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

Cable is way too expensive and way too overrated in AUS. Always has been - in other countries they have it sweet - get what they pay for with 100s of channels - anwyas thatnk goodness HD channels is on the way

Reply #236874 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

Pigs - people have a right to complain if their paying good money for a service - moreso if that's the only option they have for NBA for wahtever reason - if no one complains - how else are changes for improvement going to be achieved ?

Reply #236875 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

NBA Finals on OnHD anyway....Fox - read the writing on the wall, it's all over!

Reply #236893 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

we should all sign up and support local business in Foxtel - so that we can get even MORE NBA !!! ESPN has been a big part of my bball learning expereince especially Slam ball and AND one - learnt some wicked sick dunks from there

so sign up to show you care cause NBA cares ....

Reply #236901 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Easy to say that playtime when mum and dad pay for your fox!

Reply #237053 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Yeah, Slamball should be teaching us all how to play basketball. It's wicked sick.

Reply #237058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

playtime - did you sell your bmx on e-bay recently?

Reply #237060 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ba ha ha ha anon, GOLD!

Reply #237061 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754