LC
Years ago

Dragons & Tigers to explain why they pulled out

NATIONAL Basketball League grand finalists South Dragons and Melbourne Tigers are expected to hold a joint press conference on Wednesday to explain their reasons for sitting out the 2009-10 season.

"We want to give the fans and supporters a bit more insight into why we made the decision," said South Dragons co-owner Mark Cowan. "We thought it was going to be worthwhile putting together some historical facts and letting people know what has gone on behind the scenes."

Link: http://linky.com.au/nqv0k

Topic #19972 | Report this topic

charlie  
Years ago

I don't think I would like to believe anything Davin Sgargetta says....

"The wildcats say they require a million dollars from local business to take part. The team is transferring ownership with previous owner Mal Hemmerling deciding against making the million dollar bank guarantee required by Baskeyball Australia "

Doesn't this guy know that Mal owned the 36ers not the wildcats.

Reply #236827 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

pretty simple,the rogue owners couldnt have there way with B/A so they took there bat and ball and went home.

while those type of owners were still in the league the australian govt was not going to get $$ involved.

who gives a rats what they have to say on wednesday !!

Reply #236872 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Hopefully they just took their bat and went home and the league finds their balls to get this thing up and running without them.

Reply #236876 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

tigers will be back,dragons wont be.

Reply #236887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm tired of the same points being raised over and over and over and over and over and over and over and........you get the point.

Time to move on.

Reply #236973 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:16 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754