HAHA
Years ago

Anyone taking bets on the new salary cap?

Since we've had teams pull out and not as much sponsorship dollars coming in to fund player salaries etc, the $1.2mil is clearly a pipedream at least for this upcoming season.

What are everyone's legit thoughts and reasoning for what it might be and how about a winner takes all betting pool?

Topic #19989 | Report this topic

charlie  
Years ago

one million

Reply #237033 | Report this post

asd  
Years ago

$500,000

Reply #237037 | Report this post

Manute_bol  
Years ago

Choice of 1 import exempt from salary cap or 2 imports inside the salary cap.

or......

1 import exempt from salary cap provided the import is from Asia/South America or Southern Africa.

By the way I just found out Trevor Ariza's father was Ken Mcclary, the import for the Sydney Kings in the early 90s.

Reply #237038 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You will get posts from people who already know (e.g., I'd say Charlie probably knows) - defeats the purpose of a betting pool.

Reply #237039 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Original $1.2M in the EOI - then later BA went for $900,000.

Reply #237040 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Ok, Charlie is exempt and possibly you too Isaac!

Reply #237049 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

If you're offering over/under, I'll take "over".

Reply #237051 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Heard that as well Manute, do we class him as an Aussie now?

Reply #237052 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

I want a cap on the amount bet on the cap
:)

Reply #237070 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Well I've heard two different numbers both from equally credible sources and I can't split em coz they're they're rarely wrong, thus the reason for the bet.... that and also taking the focus and attention away from the Tigers/ Dragons press conference!

Reply #237073 | Report this post

Manute_bol  
Years ago

No unfortunately I can't play in your great country in the event of the import restrictions being slightly loosened. Firstly because I am Sudanese, which is in North-Eastern Africa and secondly because I can barely walk these days.

Reply #237076 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol, I was referring to the comment about Trevor Ariza...

Sorry to hear of your walking issues..

Reply #237078 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

still up in the air
was 900k then changed to 1mill but that is not set in stone as yet

Reply #237081 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

OMG LOL!

Reply #237082 | Report this post

Manute_bol  
Years ago

Yeh Trevor Ariza is probably the in-form Aussie in the NBA at the moment, he has that aussie tenacity which is so reflective of our get-up-and-go attitude.

Reply #237084 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

LOL... What makes you think I would know Isaac

Reply #237086 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

"No unfortunately I can't play in your great country in the event of the import restrictions being slightly loosened. Firstly because I am Sudanese, which is in North-Eastern Africa and secondly because I can barely walk these days."

That just had me in stitches!

Reply #237087 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754