Years ago

Boti: Cowan, get involved or stay out

Read it.

Boti

Couldn't agree more.

Topic #19993 | Report this topic

hereschenes  
Years ago

Thanks for the link, anon. Vintage Boti! Polarising in the extreme... I'd expect nothing less. :) I do agree with him, but then it could be my SA fanboy goggles to some extent. His description of that 1983 crowd does get the nostalgic juices flowing.

Reply #237092 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

Great article. My thoughts exactly.

Reply #237093 | Report this post

YeTi  
Years ago

Give Boti this when he hits the nail on the head he smacks it home. Fantastic and accurate report of the egos which caused a lot of the issues.

I really liked this reference to Goorjian: "I love the guy like a relative - albeit a red-headed step-child" LOL a lot.

Reply #237109 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

nice article, thanks for the link

Reply #237111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti might not want to know what Cowan has to say, but on behalf of most Dragons supporters who want to know exactly why we won't have a team to follow, we do.

Maybe South Aussies should look at it from this perspective:

Say Hemmerling WAS going to meet all the criteria, but then out of nowhere he pulls the pin.

An open letter was issued and a few comments are made in the press, but then both owners go overseas and that's it. Full stop on the club.

Would Boti really be happy to leave it at that and stick his nose up at further comment?

Maybe it will be sell-serving dribble, but members deserve to hear whatever explanation the club has to offer.

Reply #237138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah well said Anon.

I'll tell you who cares Boti....the thousands of dragons fans do.

Don't be so one-eyed.

Reply #237144 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sure, but I suspect what they will issue when the conference actually does go ahead (it's apparently been delayed) is stuff that detracts from basketball in Australia, all in the name of it "being in the sports best interest".

If they want to tell the fans, they can just put it on their site or send a letter to fans. They're going to the press to make as much noise as possible.

Here's what I said on OzHoops:

Cowan and Seamus should either get involved or keep quiet and not detract from the sport when it needs that least. No doubt they'll offer up the usual stuff about a naming rights sponsor, about teams in major capitals, about Fox and/or OneHD, but the end result will be more doubt and negativity amongst marginal fans and non fans.

Reply #237148 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Didn't the Dragons put an open letter on their website outlining their reasons? The explanation of "we wanted one thing, but they went another way" is more than suitable, and anything else does nothing to help the sport at all.

Reply #237163 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Thought it was a good read.
Why only yesterday, on another thread, some thought Boti wasn't much of a writer.

Reply #237233 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

that was a good article from Boti (to the two annonymouses-is that a word?) it's a SA paper ofcourse it would be pointed against the vics

If you want a paper columnist that is going to sympathise w you read Grantley Bernard but even he was bagging South and Tigers...

Reply #237252 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754