Anonymous
Years ago

NewNBL get on OneHD at all costs!

Yes, the NBL will not have a team in Sydney, Brisbane and maybe Melbourne, but is there still any remaining hope of FTA coverage on the 24 hour FTA sports channel, OneHD? The league is clearly struggling but OneHD have a 24 hour sport timeslot to fill still need more material to avoid constantly showing replays. If the NBL offered broadcast rights (or shared rights with Fox) to OneHD for peanuts, or even nothing it would still do the NBL a world of good good, despite receiving very little/no immediate financial reimbursement. Everyone agrees that what the NBL needs most is to itself back on FTA TV and I believe that should do this at all costs, including giving the rights away or selling them very cheaply to OneHD for this season.

Its a win win situation! OneHD get to show professional Australian basketball for hardly any money and the NBL get the free to air presence they so desperately deserve. Even if this means giving Fox they should do it as fox apparently only offering a minimum deal of one game a week deal and only reach 20% of homes anyway. Any FTA presence at all would beat that. Can anyone think of any reason at all why the NBL wouldn't/shouldn't do this!?

Topic #20003 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should say: "Even if this means giving Fox the boot..."

Reply #237183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Welcome to 6 months ago.

This has been discussed 100 times already...

Reply #237187 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If not more than 100.

Maybe there are reasons OneHD don't want the NBL? Even for free. Even if paid to show it.

People keep raising it like it's an obvious easy solution. I think that if it were a possibility, it would have been stitched up already.

Reply #237190 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Me starting a thread on internet streaming of games might be in poor taste at this point.

* refrains * :p

Reply #237192 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Guys, did you know you can have live score updates on the world wide web? The new-NBL would be crazy not to get on board with that.

Reply #237198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But why wouldn't One HD want NBL for free or even for being paid to show it!? That seems ludicrous to me.

Reply #237201 | Report this post

kriss  
Years ago

they may think it's too much hoops on the network but i agree even if it's outside the 'ratings times' i'd still watch for sure

only last year we had No basketball on the TV now we could have an avalanche of hoopla!

Reply #237202 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, maybe production costs? Would cost a fair bit to ship crew around the country, only to get comparably low ratings once it went to air.

Remember when that $35m Fox deal was being discussed, about $25-30m of that would've gone in production and on-air promos.

Not to mention that it'd probably be cheapest to cover Sydney and Melbourne, and there's no immediate plan to have a team in Sydney and still (at this point) no guarantee of a team in Melbourne.

Reply #237204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So only chance would be if they could replay fox broadcasts?

Reply #237206 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

What about if someone just records the games on their video camera then goes home and puts em up on you tube for everyone to watch, Telecast will be delayed tho,

Reply #237213 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'll hide a wireless webcam in my oversized novelty cowboy hat and live stream.

Apu will never notice.

Reply #237214 | Report this post

apu  
Years ago

there appears to be a buzzing noise coming from your hat

Reply #237216 | Report this post

apu  
Years ago

perhaps you have a bee in your bonnet sir

Reply #237227 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I thought Sydney lodged EOI for next year.

Reply #237237 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

but there must be other sports that are put on 1HD that have low ratings that ten has to travel to cover?

Reply #237246 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:16 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754