Anonymous
Years ago

Best Basketball Magazines

I only know of HOOP and SLAM now that handle has died and Hoopcity (still) hasn't launched (whats going on with them by the way). What other mags are out there and which are the best? Who's your no.1, no.2 etc.

Topic #20005 | Report this topic

TC2  
Years ago

Basketball Digest.

Reply #237236 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Have been subscribing to Slam for years, primarily because it's so damn cheap.

It has a LOT of junk, but the one or two feature articles they have amongst all that are usually a good read.

Reply #237238 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Nobody now days.

One on One was the best.

PBT was pretty good for a while, then internet took over and sent it in the grave. In the end I found reading them was old news as you'd read it online previously. The only good part was having letters regularly published in the fans and letters to editor section.

Handle was great and now they've closed down, which is sad.

Reply #237239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How often does slam come out?

Reply #237244 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Slam is great but nothing compared to 1on1
Basketball digest was great in the hey day and the Pro Basketball today was gold

Have people seen the price for Basketball Becketts these days $13 damn!

Reply #237248 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Hoop was always a favourite, SLAM is the best now by far... sad that Handle is no more.

Digest is usually a traditional read

Check out DIME too - VERY good but you have to get it from the states

Reply #237249 | Report this post

guess  
Years ago

what about Inside Stuff? i remember they had that in the US

Reply #237263 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I subscribed to SLAM until about a year ago. It was really cheap, like about $5 an issue. I only stopped because they missed like 2 or 3 issues and it got annoying.

I think SLAM is like 9 or 10 issues a year.

Reply #237321 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Dime is available from most Borders book stores.

Many of the US mags are available via Zinio - which is an application that provides the subscriber to a digital version of the magazine. A bit like receiving a PDF of the print version.

It's much cheaper to subscribe, and you can download the mag as soon as it becomes available in the US.

I think my subs for 12 months of Slam was around $9-10 USD.

Don't forget the magazine SLAMMIN', an Aussie publication that lasted about 2 years in the glory years of the mid 90's. It was similar to Handle in it's style, including shoe reviews, good mix of US/Aust leagues etc.

Reply #237368 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:07 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754