Russell
Years ago

BA Press Conference in Melbourne tomorrow

....apparently.

Put two and two together, I think there is a bit of truth to all these whispers.

Topic #20006 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw- might be Tigers and Big-V teams,and Fox 2 games a week.

Reply #237235 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

YEP.... That was my call earlier in the week, but things are changing so much and so quickly that I'm just not sure anymore

Reply #237241 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Hopefully - salary cap , also ( $900,000 )

Reply #237242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where are u getting this info from camel 31??

Reply #237243 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Mainly from threads,on here,and Boti, Gaze etc.
Seems like Perth EG, asked BA for a Melbourne team, such as the Tigers coming back, and/or a Vic side, and a TV deal,slightly better than last year.
It sounds likely

Reply #237245 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Don't forget McPeake's threats to take whatever support for the game he's connected to on his way out.

Reply #237254 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

So tomorrow is looking like a real day of truth's and the big day for the NBL to go ahead... Tomorrow should see teams be able to sign guys and market they're teams yes...

Reply #237255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There will still be more playing than watching and 900k salary cap is twice what it's worth in Australia

Reply #237257 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

Last I heard was a one million cap, that was at the end of last week

Reply #237258 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

'see-saw' - as Isaac mentioned - 9 teams down to 7 with a lower salary cap. But I gather the 7 teams have had input into it.
Wonder whether Asian Import has merit - increasing people watching.

Reply #237261 | Report this post

dragons  
Years ago

zero chance of the dragons taking any part in new league, whether it is a partnership of owners

Reply #237264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does any one know what time the press conference is
today.

Reply #237286 | Report this post

Accoucement Maker  
Years ago

2pm

Reply #237292 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sad about the Dragons, ideal opportunity to improve their business model and supporter base, but looks like pride has got in the way.

Their ownership should realise that the way they did it the last three years was not particularly successful in terms of off-court, so now is the time to try something new.

Reply #237294 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754