questions....
Years ago

40 minute games - Nbl

My guess is there will be 40 minutes in a match this year.

Can anyone confirm if this has indeed been confirmed?

Topic #20016 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find this season will run very similar to previous seasons.

Major changes will be held off until the 2010/11 season when BA officially relaunches.

Reply #237397 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i see they changed the grand final series to best of 3 games,i kinda liked the b/o 5 thing.
plus it gave the 2 teams a chance to fill stadiums and reward them financially.

(Mod: Accidental dupe posts deleted.)

Reply #237408 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I agree with you skull on all 3 posts

Reply #237410 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

best of 5 was a tad boring. 3 anything can happen and its really hectic for that win, i think its a good move. Good that tigers came back, still looking forward to more teams in the future.

Reply #237411 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

'I think you'll find this season will run very similar to previous seasons.

Major changes will be held off until the 2010/11 season when BA officially relaunches.'

So no season media launch again!(just jokes) Chuck Harmison should have been professionally crucified for such pathetic sporting administrative incompetence.

Reply #237415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont mention his name again he makes me wanna barf, pathetic excuse for a CEO

Reply #237425 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i guess we can now see what poor old chuck was up against behind the scenes.
i will get shot down for this..... but i do feel a little sorry for him now.

Reply #237429 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Chuck was only given the job because owners werent willing to fork out for a suitably experienced CEO. He then had to operate a league spanning 3 countries with two other staff and an absolute shoestring budget.

Tough gig, and one he was not qualified to do but really had little choice. Leave the poor guy alone.

Reply #237431 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

A it's very easy to poo on someone based on their public profile if you don't know what goes on behind the scenes.
I too was guilty of doing the same but after the sorts of issues he's faced with little if any support from domineering clubs and those between NBL/ BA pre-merge, he had a position that nobody would wish for.

Reply #237432 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

'Tough gig, and one he was not qualified to do but really had little choice. Leave the poor guy alone.'

Paul, do you understand how important a media launch is for an elite sporting competition? And how easy it is to organise one? He chose not to have it for the sake of saving a couple of hundred dollars per club. Due to this did you know that there was certain mainstream media in this country that did not know that the competition had actually started!

This is what he was paid to do.

Reply #237439 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

All CEO roles have a job description which is available on application. Chucky would have known what was required before accepting the position, so your sympathy for him is misguided.

Reply #237443 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

job description Vs reality (job at hand).tough gig!

what a shambles that whole thing was.

what a roller coaster ride it has been.

i sit here in front of my computer,sipping my wild turkey and coke and feeling pretty good about the future of the game i have loved most of my life.

it really was a tough gig chuck..... well done

congatulations larry, at 6'7 playing the 5 spot mate, this is what you were being blooded for!!

Reply #237447 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Fill you've got to be joking!
How many positions still to the letter of a job description!?
Do you think it'd going to detail the politics that goes on in varying degrees pretty much everywhere?
Do you think it will chronicle every single facet that may intertwine with another that creates anomilies- that's pretty utopian!
Are you saying your job (whatever that may be) is always exactly as what is stated in writing- you never ever get any curveballs and nor has any other CEO hired in that capacity?

Reply #237453 | Report this post

Crazy  
Years ago

Back on track
I can confirm that 4 x 10 minute quaters and full fiba rules will be in for this year 2009/10

Cheers

Reply #237474 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw well - would have preferred 48mins. Nevertheless, I will still attend the games. Spose pre-game - could do something and maybe half time have like the footy with young kids having a quick game - is a bit of fun and attraction for kids and parents.

Reply #237479 | Report this post

NBL in Guam  
Years ago

You can vote on whether you think this is a good idea at eurobasket.com

http://linky.com.au/ms9rx

Reply #237617 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:45 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754