Isaac
Years ago

Darren Ng and Sturt

"I can assure you Ng is NOT moving from Woodville."

Yogee, sorry to run against your statement, but I think that Darren Ng is going to Sturt after all. That's certainly what I'm hearing from what I would consider a reputable source.

Topic #2002 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Why would Sturt have him really, other than the fact that his father brings a lot of money to the club.

He is a good shooter but the Sabres already have decent shooters.

Reply #22618 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's a little gauche to have money brought into every Ng conversation, so can we please try to avoid it unless it's really appropriate?

He was in the All*Star Five last season so I'm sure he'll be welcomed.

I wondered if his studies would force him to have a less significant role in the team, but I guess that remains to be seen?

Sturt line-up is looking strong despite the loss of Williams and Wilkey.

Reply #22620 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Has anyone bothered to ask Darren directly?

Reply #22624 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Moses, I have heard it too, from a pretty reliabe source. He was almost going to go to Sturt before he commenced his ABA career but after a couple of chats with Reggie and Scottie he decided to stay. Good luck to him, I'm sure they will look after him and he will contribute significantly. I'm looking forward to watching Reggie vs Dazza when they play each other.

Reply #22626 | Report this post

junkie  
Years ago

northerner when you going to get your arse back out and playing???? hey the basketball world needs you and your obsession with the game back out there not to mention your bald head!!

Reply #22634 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Moses, AFAIK, my "source" got the word directly from him.

Reply #22635 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Isaac, I would trust your source better than what I was told.

I won't comment on the issue further, as part of my self imposed ABL opinion ban :)

Reply #22638 | Report this post

London or Prag  
Years ago

My source is also as Isaac's straight from Darren. He will becoming to sturt to play. Here is the line-up so far.

Paul Bauer/David Shepherd/
Darren Ng/Tom James-Martin/
Oscar Forman/Adam Benson
Todd Gower/Marcus Hakendorf
Tom Finkemeyer

Looking pretty good it seems. Should be interesting to see how they go against the more favoured side like forestville (one example and know there is more).

Reply #22646 | Report this post

John Chinnagen  
Years ago

you guys are all leaving out Brett M, some one better ask the real question, I heard it from his lips yesterday, he will also be back in the double blue. Coach and chief basketball writer also present for the comment.

Maher will play. aint no joke.

dont post against this until you have either spoken to Brett or Richard "I have never been to the US but have an American accent" Castle.

Reply #22652 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Northerner

Do you really think any team that Darren was playing for would have him guarding Reggie?

Reply #22655 | Report this post

John Chinnagen  
Years ago

hell no but reggie will be itching to guard Darren, the dates will allready be in his diary.

Reply #22656 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Salary cap?

Reply #22659 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Damn it. That in itself (Reggie v Darren) is enough reason to get the ABL on to TV. C'mon Foxtel - I might actually get pay-TV if you do it!

Reply #22660 | Report this post

cairns tiara-pans  
Years ago

I moved to Sturt from another club - and it has been the best thing for our basketball.

i am wondering why i didn't do it years ago.

Trust your intuition !

Reply #22664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Scott - you're a top bloke

Reply #22702 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I'll keep this simple 'cause I'm really not happy about the whole situation and sadly, Darren's not taking career advice from yours truly any more (!).

He's playing for Sturt in 2005.

But seriously, well done Sturt. You've signed a great person and he's not a bad player either.

Reply #22885 | Report this post

fat dougs  
Years ago

wow....it is true...i thought darren bled green and gold....oh well, sturt look unbeatable on paper, but fortunately for the rest of the league, the game is not played on paper...i would probably still back a full strength forestville outfit against it anyways.....i am tipping the closest and most enthralling season for years....

Reply #22905 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Not for Woodville it won't.

Reply #22909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a full strength (available players) didn't get it done last year for the Wobbly Weagles!

Reply #22947 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754