Isaac
Years ago

Blaze close on Gibson, two others

Great signing coming for the Blaze with word they're wrapping up Dragons PG Adam Gibson.

The Gold Coast Blaze will announce they have agreed terms with three new players as early as today.

Blaze co-owner Owen Tomlinson last night revealed the club had made a `verbal agreement' with one NBL star, and was confident he would have agreements with another two by this morning.

It is understood that former Brisbane Bullet Adam Gibson, a disciple of new Blaze coach Joey Wright, is one of the signings.
Full story

Guesses at the two others? Resigning players from last season (e.g., Vanderjagt and Demos) or new faces?

Might leave Adelaide to pair Bruce and Davidson. What other Australian points are out there and likely to be available?

Topic #20027 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

any word from your brother if the Breakers have poached Ballinger and/or Schensher?

Reply #237583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well seems nothing changes. No club is meant to be talking to players until June 1.

Reply #237585 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mystro, not that I'd say here.

Luke is currently in the States - trained with Georgia Tech the other day, working on his swimming skills too apparently...

Reply #237587 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Was just about to say that anon!
you'd think they'd have kept it a little quieter than journos getting their hands on it 2 days before they're technically allowed to talk to players.

Reply #237594 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

There's a Boti article in todays advertiser, not on line, that Ninnis spoke to Gibson, Ng,Ballinger and Schenscher.
Ballinger indicated Adelaide. Schenscher more likely Europe or USA.

Reply #237606 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

What I've heard is that Luke would rather stay in Adelaide/Australia. When he came home from the states he wanted to stay "home" and if he were to go to New Zealand he might as well be back in the states but his manager wants all sorts of conditions eg: an out clause if he gets a good offer from o/seas, so if the 36ers sign him we might also loose him before the end of the season. It will be a hard call for the coaching staff to make.

Reply #237608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

take the condition but try and put a time limit on it so we have so security as well.

Reply #237610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac Said: working on his swimming skills too apparently...

hint from Aus to NZ?

Reply #237618 | Report this post

Not from Aus to NZ but to Gold Coast

Reply #237633 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, it's not a hint. His swimming skills just needed a lot of work, I hear.

You wouldn't recognise me in the pool these days. Just banged out 1 K in under 10 mins!! haha. I know, Im like a fish now...

Reply #237634 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

talk about reading into something too much ;-) personally i would go after ballinger first as i think he has more chance of hanging around long term, then work on luke.

Reply #237652 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Breakers are real good at poaching players, not hard when you compare training facilities, club ethics and job/wage security against most other NBL clubs.
I'd prob rather see the Bear stay than poach the big ginge from you guys.

Reply #237679 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Think you will find one of the players the Blaze have nabbed is former Bullets and Wildcats guard Chris Goulding

Reply #237853 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Bubbles was the first to verbally agree to signing with Blaze pretty much as soon as Joey was announced as coach- Bubbles signing is old news but the 3rd player will be interesting as there are a few on the cards being pursued.

Reply #237865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ninnis recruiting drive stands at 0-2 then.

Reply #237877 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:54 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754