DJ
Years ago

Do we want to finish 3rd?

Do we want to beat Cairns tomorrow and finish third?

3rd vs winner of Melbourne vs Perth @ home - Winner goes on to face Wollongong (more than likely - Sydney need to lose to West Sydney for this to change) in best of three Semi Final

4th vs winner of Brisbane vs Hunter @ home - Winner goes on to face Sydney (unless they lose to West Sydney) in best of three Semi Final

Sydney plays West Sydney tonight so we will know more later tonight. But I'm thinking it would be a easier run to be in 4th place than 3rd place IF Sydney finish on top of the ladder.

Topic #2004 | Report this topic

cairns tiara-pans  
Years ago

good point

Reply #22662 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i actually was thinking about this as well but did not really think about the next round. I dont like the idea of facing the tigers at home, the games seem to close and they have the nack of getting those types of games over us. But then again we are at home. Who is better kings or the hawks, i actually like us against the kings better.

Reply #22671 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, I'd prefer to face the Kings first up as I've posted elsewhere. I guess that means that a few of us wouldn't be too concerned at the prospect of a loss to Cairns?

Maybe they should let Willie go for his 35 and relax. Haha.

Reply #22677 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Well the Kings demolished West Sydney so if we beat Cairns it's us vs Winner of Melbourne-Hunter game @ Home and go on to play Wollongong in a 3 game series.

Anyone know the format for the semi's is it going to be Away Home Home to save costs or Home Away Home?

Reply #22689 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Us vs winner of Melb vs Wildcats, don't you mean? 3rd plays winner of 6 vs 7. Wildcats have locked in 7th spot.

If we lose to Cairns, we play the winner of Bullets vs Pirates.

The Wildcats beat Melbourne in Melbourne this round, but I'm not sure that they can do it again.

All those dramas about three-way ties, and none of them have eventuated!

Reply #22693 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Semis will be H-A-H

Grand Final will either be H-A-H-A-H or H-H-A-A-H depending on venue availability and flights, the first option the preferred by most concerned.

Reply #22703 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The second option is better for those who want to travel to see the away games. You can catch the 2 games with one trip. More importantly, it would have to be more economical for the clubs only having to travel once to play 2 games.

Reply #22780 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

My tip is that Phil will want to finish 4th and will do this by playing only 1 starter for the last 6 minutes of the game and resting Brett,Willie and Dusty by playing them for only about 30 minutes each.

Reply #22815 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:41 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754