tinka
Years ago

Lakers VS Magic Finals Series

Who will win this? given the way magic played vs cavaliers, i think they can win. awesome odds on offer of around $3.60.

Thoughts?

What bets have people put doen on this best of 7 series??

Topic #20081 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

I went with a 4-2 magic win. I think it was paying about 8 or 9.

Figure the Magic steal one of the first two in LA, both at home, lose away, close at home.

Just by the simple act of posting this i have doomed the magic to failure.

Reply #238244 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

it won't even be close. don't know how Magic got pass the King in the first place - but now they meet the true and first King !! Magic lucky ta win 1 game - and that's if Kobe gets sick or dislocate a finger like he did vs the Rockets

Reply #238246 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I have doomed them also Quagmire by wearing my Magic Jersey most nights this week lol

Reply #238253 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I agree with Quagmire, with Howard Finals MVP

Reply #238254 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I'm thinking the Magic can get over the line 4-2. It's gonna be won or lost in the frontcourt though. Questions are:
- Can Gasol/ Bynum play well enough to limit Howard with single coverage?
- Can Gasol stay focussed offensively?
- Will the 'good' Odom stand up and neutralise Lewis?

Reply #238256 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yes I think you have doomed Magic Quagmire by picking them. Remember you trying to be smart saying Dallas would beat Denver?? How very wrong were you :P

I would say the safe bet would be Lakers winning 4-2. At the end of the day I can't see Kobe letting the Lakers lose this year, that guy is on a mission. He will be finals MVP also.

Magic are in with a good chance and beat Lakers 2-0 during the regular season however, Jameer Nelson averaged 28 per game in those two games. So he was probably a deciding factor in those games.

I said it at the start of the playoffs, Magic can beat any team as long as they are having a good shooting night! The best thing about them is they move the ball well.

Magic have Turkoglu and Pietrus that can actually guard Kobe while Denver had no one. This could be one of the major keys in winning this series.

I would not be surprised if the Magic win it however I can't see Kobe and the Lakers losing it two years in a row. Either way it is going to be a very interesting series to watch.

I will be hoping Magic wins.

Reply #238261 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

How about we take a look at the chance each team has of stopping the other teams main weapon?

The magic showed they can defend the wing and make it tough for guards to score inside. Kobe will have to rely on his shooting but again- LA has a poor record when he shoots over 30 shots...

The Lakers have a ton of big men they can throw at Howard to attempt single coverage which enables the Laker guards to stay at home on the Magic shooters.

I'm real keen to see what the Laker starting 5 will be...

Odom/Gasol seems to match-up better with the Magic, but does LA want to change what they do to suit the Magic? Or will they still start the twin 7 footers and make the magic adjust????

Reply #238263 | Report this post

Where do you jokers get these odds from?

My gambling experience is limited to the pokies room when i'm pissed and somehow i justify putting $50 in as though it's no big deal if i were to equally flush it down the toilet; online sites aint my thing.

Reply #238269 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Orlando are paying like $11 to win 4-2 on sportsbet, I might chuck a 20 on that.

Reply #238272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic in 6

Reply #238306 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

all this time and i keep tellin y'all - Kobe's Lakers are going to win it all from day one - y'all still unbelievers after everythin you've seen. After this series y'all going to have egg on your face - takin names this time peeps

Reply #238309 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

are they taking bets onFinals MVP?
what odds are being offered

For me i reckon Magic in 5
Hey Collingwood lost it two years in a row...it does happen.

Reply #238388 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754