slammin
Years ago

New Sixers Jobs

If Ben Fitz is the new Marketing person then who is the GM of the new sixers

Topic #20085 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must have missed a media release. Who's said Ben Fitz was the Marketing Manager?

Reply #238333 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

+1

Wasn't the case a few days ago as far as I'd been told.

Reply #238337 | Report this post

slammin  
Years ago

i said. he's marketing, richard hill to cover ops and just wondering if chris fuss or bellie were ceo?

Reply #238340 | Report this post

nasty  
Years ago

What have you been told Loco.

Reply #238342 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I too have heard differently

Reply #238343 | Report this post

nasty  
Years ago

IF U HAVE ALL HEARD THEN SAY, OBVIOUSLY NOT A SECRET THEN!!!!

Reply #238344 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No appointments have been announced.

Reply #238346 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Not a great deal, nasty.

Ben's cousin is a close friend of mine, so just info re: his involvement. I'd not heard about any official appointments though.

Reply #238349 | Report this post

Mal'sSignature  
Years ago

Nothing will be announced until you see me on a dotted line.

Reply #238355 | Report this post

Mal'sSignature  
Years ago

Nothing will be announced until you see me on a dotted line.

Reply #238356 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hey Loco, was that "Ben's cousin" or "Ben Cousins"

Reply #238363 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

lol The former

If I knew the second one, I'd be too busy partying to post on the net.

Reply #238453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't giving jobs to mates what got the 36ers in trouble last time round ?

Reply #238461 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think that's specifically what "got them in trouble".

Someone putting forward a similar argument to yours might say, "wasn't giving a job to a woman what got the 36ers in trouble last time round?" And it'd be a poor argument.

And I fail to see where anyone has yet given a job to a mate (at least that I'm aware of).

Reply #238469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't agree.
Most of the staff working at the Dome (or indeed in basketball) have got their jobs based on who they know, not what they know.
Are you telling me that everyone working for the 36ers were employed on the basis that they were the best person for the job ?

Reply #238492 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You've missed my point. You said that trouble was caused by someone getting the job because of who they knew (e.g., Kate being Mal's daughter, or Potsie having a basketball background).

My point is that trouble doesn't necessarily stem from 'jobs for the boys', but specifically if the individual isn't the right person for the job.

If I have a friend who's going to be great for the job, bingo!

This is basketball. There are few ludicrously appealing salaries, so I'd guess that you often have to appeal to those with some interest to get on board. Plus, some basketball knowledge helps.

As for the current situation, I'm not aware of any appointments that would be jobs for the boys. If, for example, Richard Hill takes on the operations role, it's one of the owners taking on responsibility (potentially at below market rate, possibly in lieu of some contribution to ownership, who knows) for a position.

Reply #238503 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:52 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754