Isaac
Years ago

Wortho at Tigers, SMac to play on, no imports?

Gaze.com.au says Mark Worthington's all but signed with the Tigers as Melbourne go from out of the league to a full-scale Aussie assault.

Looks like their plan is:

Crosswell/Kendall
Barlow/Corletto
Greer/Mackinnon
Worthington/Hoare
Anstey/Johnson

But I'd like to see the points values on that line-up.

Topic #20089 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

That would have to be the greatest team of all time, unbeatable. ;-)

Reply #238405 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

lets not put too much pressure on them skip, we did that last year and look what happened.

point system needs a rework, which we all hope is going to happen, specially now, we think that BA have all the boys on the right path....

skip have you still got a jo with the 36ers or do you not know yet? I hope you have.

Reply #238414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was a joke PoW :P

Adelaide needs to get moving ;)

Reply #238424 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Pigs of War - It was a tounge in cheek comment.

And yes, The SOS has spoken to me about still being the music man.

Reply #238434 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea that would be a fairly stacked line up, i guess they can do it as they are essentially bringing back the same team but replacing ere and DT with Wortho and Mackinnon, so i guess that would be there argument if anyone questions them, if it gets tight on points id probably let corletto and/or crosswell go for cheaper replacements. It is a risk taking Mackinnon id think, but i guess if he goes down they just bring in a import.
Heres hoping the 36ers can bring in something just as strong.

Reply #238466 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Jonno heres hoping Sixers can bring in any qaulity Aust. as teams have been busy while we get things sorted out
Need to get Ballinger signed and the best Aust. centre left then start building a team around them.

Reply #238478 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

We need to call LeBron, stat.

Reply #238482 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea i agree with ballinger being number 1 priority.
I think we need a aussie centre who can defend and rebound, i wouldnt go down the import centre path as they are rarely successful unless we go for a more 6'8ish pf/c to play that role like guys like abney and garrison have done in the league before.

Id go for guys like burston, crosswhite, L. Davidson, and even mottram and rigby if they are still playing around in the SEABL, and maybe a naturalised horvath may even be ok to split the minutes with one of these guys, and would consider a naturalised dusty to play in this role.

my top 2 prioties would be burston and crosswhite, but i think you would only get 1 as both would probably get starting 5 offers around the league.

Say we got Burston and Horvath from the dragons a team like this would be ok IMO

C Burston/Horvath
PF Ballinger/Holmes
SF IMPORT (athletic who can play the 2-4 spots ala danta smith)/Hill
SG IMPORT (scoring combo guard, ala Cortez Groves or Jason Crowe)/Ng
PG Bruce/ Davidson

If Davidson retires id give Kersten, Sutton or Burdon a go in the back up PG spot and make sure my import guard can play at least 20mpg at the point.

Reply #238491 | Report this post

HAYDEN  
Years ago

Wortho will be playing at Cairns not the Tigers..

Reply #238497 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

HAYDEN - that'd be a shame!

Reply #238502 | Report this post

tripple  
Years ago

who's greer from melbourne starting over sam mac?

Reply #238508 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

sixers badly need big Ian Crosswhite, the man can play, he can shoot, he has a big body and does not want more than 16 to 20 points a week, now that luke is gone we need the next best available and that must be Ian

Reply #238514 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tommy Greer - was starting for the Tigers at SF towards the end of the season.

They were starting:

Crosswell
Ere
Greer
Barlow
Anstey

Reply #238527 | Report this post

HAYDEN  
Years ago

Also Tigers may be looking at Carter to try and save some points, which may be a smart move, would find it hard to believe though that they think that crosswell is better than Carter. I hope that Cairns get Wortho and that they have a blinder of a season. This year I'm supporting Cairns and Adelaide, seeing there are no Dragons. Do you knwo whether the 36ers are doing what wolllongong are doing with there memberships, if so i will have to buy one.

Reply #238548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wortho wont be at cairns he'll be in tigers uniform

Reply #238553 | Report this post

kriss  
Years ago

I wonder how the first catch up between Gaze and Wortho was after AG blasted him on Radio for bagging the NBL

In all honesty though this team is headed for top spot obviously...even if they play as individuals they'd still kick some serious ass

Reply #238770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers are sacked.But perth is putting a nice team together despite losing big al

Damien martin/bradd robbins
Import/Peter crawford
Redhage
Cattalini/Victor
Rogers/burston.

Reply #238847 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:22 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754