Number 44
Years ago

Question about NBA on PS3

Hi All,

I haven't purchased a new NBA game since NBA 05 I think. Just wondering when the latest game has come out or is one due out soon?

Is EA Sports still the best out there?

Thanks in Advance

Topic #20104 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm a 360 person myself, but have 2K9 and that appears to be the franchise to run with?

Reply #238674 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I too am a 360 person, but I really enjoyed NBA Live 09 this year.

Reply #238677 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I just got a 360 and 2K9...by far the best sim out there, hands down.

Reply #238680 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

It's available on PC too, which is cool. But you'll have to order it from o/s - didn't make it to Australia afaik.

Reply #238682 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I got 2K9 here in Prospect.

Reply #238684 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

THERE HAS NEVER EVER BEEN A BETTER BASKETBALL GAME THAN 2K9 AND I AM A GOD DAMN CONISSEUR

Reply #238685 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Lol, sorry I didn't see "PS3" in the thread title. So I guess you don't care about it being on PC. As you were.

Reply #238689 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

PS3 here - 2k8 was miles ahead of Live 08 but the 2k9 vs Live 09 is a very close battle.

I lean towards 2k9 purely for the more realistic sim approach it can give you with some slider adjustments etc.

2k10/Live 2010 should be out Sept/Oct?

Kobe was announced as the cover player for 2k10 at E3 yesterday. Three different designs for fans to vote on - disappointing there is no patented jumpshot cover.

Reply #238702 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I've got 2k8 on PS3 and am a lot happier with that than I was with the last couple of NBA Live's I played. I'm mainly into the franchise mode, and while still a bit limited in some ways, it is far better in the 2k series than the Live series. Most online reviews I've read also say 2k is the best option.

Reply #238704 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Spike Lee helped out with the cover of 2k10. 3 choices of Kobe in Lakers gear and one in the Knicks gear.

Reply #238706 | Report this post

Tru Blue  
Years ago

I've got a PS3 and 2k9 is the way to go way far!!!

Reply #238744 | Report this post

Tru Blue  
Years ago

*By Far

Reply #238745 | Report this post

Billy  
Years ago

I've got 2k9 and live 09 on the 360...and I take 2k9 over live all the time now

Reply #238763 | Report this post

kriss  
Years ago

I am a 360 man myself and I actually find Live more addictive

Any reason why 2k9 gets such good wraps?

Reply #238765 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

Be careful with the 2k series if you like playing online, they've already pulled the 2k8 servers down so it looks like you might not get much gaming life out of them.

Great games otherwise, but pretty disappointing support.

Reply #238778 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

the 2K series gets so much love for its realism Kriss. Admittedly with some slider adjustments but 2K is by far a better game simulator than Live which is simply a dunk simulator.

Reply #238969 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754