Jesus
Years ago

Mills To LA?

Just pulled this from the Chris Sheridan Chat wrap on ESPN. I know this doesnt mean squat but Mills is getting some attention over in the States and the Lakers actually could be a good fit for him.
Thats the link if you want it.
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=26851

Freddy (Santa Ana, CA): Who would be a PG that fits the Lakers system that you believe would be available to them at the end of the 1st round?

Chris Sheridan: (5:29 PM ET ) Patrick Mills, St,. Mary's (Calif.) by way of Australia.

Topic #20114 | Report this topic

SKUX101  
Years ago

I would not want him to go to the Lakers..He won't even get in the rotation.
He would be behind Fisher and Farmar. Also, the Lakers have been developing Sun Yue at the PG position.

Reply #238864 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the best team for Mills to go to is the Nuggets.

He'll be great under Billup's wing, and since their PG rotation isn't that great he'd get minutes there. Seriously he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA if he loses to Anthony Carter at the PG rotation.

Reply #238865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good point, I think he would do well under Billups aswell.

Just too bad Nugs don't have a pick until the 2nd round

Reply #238870 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

SKUX101- there's a good chance Sun will be droped come next season. I worked with him for the first time 10 days ago and his work ethics is terrible, as far as I'm aware of same has been said from other staff.

I have to admit Lakers is definitely not the best option for Mills because of the potential Mills to turn into a J-Critt. However, from what I been hearing over the last few days he will be picked if he's available. Phil hasn't looked at him yet but Pat's really impressed some of our scouts over here. one of the scout I work with quite extensively said "Mills show great composure, leadership and maturity" etc.

Further more as I said in other thread, if you're in LA, Farmar is not quite in the convo as far as leading PG anymore. a little exclusive for guys on this site; LA's going to be shopping around with Sasha and Farmar.

So how things will potentially turnout? Think about this: Brown/Fisher/Mills. This only broadens LA's depth at PG providing a variety of experience, speed, athleticism and size. While Mills as trade bait will also attract LA to pick him.

With this all said, I've been talking to scouts from 3 teams and Mills have been getting great feedback (one went as far as saying he'll potentially be the next Barbosa) and probably won't be available at 29 anyway.

Reply #238871 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Just wondering LA Boy, what's your position in bball (if thats not a too rude of a question)?

Reply #238873 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I worked for 2 NBA teams (one of them was Lakers) a few years back and currently back helping out with a few things. will be back in Aus next month.

Reply #238875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I go to Saint Mary's and he's in a few of my classes - he's been ditching lately, lol.

Honestly, I talked to some scouts at the later Saint Mary's games (I'm on the school paper) and they all said he was a 2nd rounder. He needs to come back a year - but if he stays now he'll be a good late first rounder-late second pick.

I can see Mills being a cross between TJ Ford and Barbosa... nice fast players who can shoot, but do not have the handles and passing skills to take their game to the next level.

I think he'll be a solid bench player to provide scoring off the bench. If i were to guess his career stats in the NBA, it'd be around 10-14 ppg and 3-4 dimes.

Reply #238878 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

i agree with you on his skills; commented on that awhile ago. But since then Pat's really made a good stand that has boosted his stocks.

Reply #238879 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

I think he should go back to school..there are alot of PG's who people in the U.S feel are above him and this years draft class for point guards is certainly strong..Rubio,Lawson,Teague,Jennings,Flynn,Maynor and Collison.

Reply #238883 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

LAL would be nothing without machine :(

Reply #238894 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

You're right kad any team would be worse off without a soft euro brick thrower :P

Reply #238914 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

Millsy and Kobe - wat a great combo - one 2 punch. Not that Kobe and the LAkers need Miilsy to win another title - their 15th - but it'll still be the combo to watch and adds to their already stacked firepower making them even more unstoppable !!

Reply #239026 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:02 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754