Isaac
Years ago

SOS 36ers press conference, midday Tuesday

The SOS Consortium would like to advise that it will be holding a Media Conference at the Distinctive Homes Dome at Midday on 9th June 2009 to make several exciting announcements regarding the future of the Adelaide 36ers.

Most members of the SOS Consortium will be in attendance. The Consortium members will be pleased to answer any questions.
I don't believe any player signings will be announced at this stage.

Topic #20121 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Will Mal be there? :-)

Reply #239002 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

He will be there he is always there like the bench when you dont want him there but missing in action when he should have been there

Reply #239015 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Would Hodge be welcome back under the new ownership structure?

Reply #239023 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Issac, can anyone go to a press conference or only the press?

Reply #239024 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

I don't think Hodge would be welcome back while any of last season's fans still love the Sixers.

On another note, I wouldn't mind seeing a name change from "SOS", as you know, it seems they are no longer in immediate danger..

Reply #239027 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm sure the SOS name will be phased out once the ownership change is formally announced.

Jake, I doubt it.

Anon, not sure - maybe Ben can answer that.

Reply #239030 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

anon - Media only today.

But when the opportunity comes up in the future, fans will be welcome.

Reply #239033 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Will SOS be sitting on the bench - its going to be a long bench if so or maybe they will take turns

Reply #239036 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Even if they all sat on it it would still be under less of a strain compared with the Tigers bench.

Reply #239037 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

I think there will only be one member of the SOS on the bench and that will be Richard Hill in the capacity of assistant coach. These guy are here for the love of the game and the 36ers not to indulge in there own self importance

Reply #239040 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Don't expect any star studded lineup here people. You will still have a bargain roster, maybe even moreso.......comfortably under the cap.

Reply #239041 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

DICKO is that sour grapes talking now that you no longer have a dragons team to follow. At least Adelaide still has a team, and a group of dedicated business people willing to keep the team alive.

Reply #239042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So no Wortho or some magic vitamins?

Reply #239043 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

DICKO does that mean we will still have Cooper? :( My day just keeps getting worse

Reply #239044 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The planned roster sounds like it has potential to me.

Dicko, maybe just take some time off until you've got over the Dragons thing? This conference isn't even about player announcements.

Reply #239045 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Thanks DICKO but I'll go watch the team and make my own mind up. Particularly as I have not seen a roster. It's all just speculation as to whose in and whose out at the moment.

Lets take one step at a time. I know there will be a team and a comp. Enough for now. Looking forward to reports from the press conference.

Reply #239048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, care to share with us the 'planned' roster?

I am guessing;

PG - Bruce/Burdon
SG - Ng/Hill
SF - Import/Holmes
PF - Ballinger/Holmes
C - Burston/Cooper

Am I close?

Reply #239050 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Please, no Cooper, please!

Reply #239052 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, not my place to share plans. Just saying that they should be able to put something decent together within the cap that will interest fans. Have some patience as they have a lot of things to get organised.

Reply #239053 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

For mine, it looks like the Tigers are again putting together a team that struggles to create shots for each other or handle pressure, while NZ will again lack athleticism across the board, which means the championship is wide open for any team that can astutely assemble a balanced lineup from the wide range of talent that is still available.

Reply #239059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so what happened at this press conference?

Reply #239071 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Can I second 'no Cooper' please? There has to be a better big man out there. If we can't pick up a good FA as a backup, lets give a young guy with some potential a go.

Reply #239072 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

ABC news just had a short story. A fe signings are apparently expected in the next few days. They had a sound-byte of Ninnis saying that he had spoken with Matt Burston, and that he thinks having a good point guard is very important for teams looking to win a championship.

So I'm guessing Ballinger, Holmes and Hill are likely to be signed soon. Burston is obviously a high priority as well. The most interesting thing Ninnis said is about the PG position though. Does this mean he doesn't see Bruce as our future PG? Or does it just mean bringing in a top import at the position, with Bruce learning his trade off the bench for a couple of seasons?

Reply #239079 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think ideally you would want an import pg who can play on court at the same time as Bruce (ie 6'4 with good defence).

As for Burston, did he just marry a Meblourne girl? If so, I'd favour Adelaide over Perth, which seem to be his two main options.

Reply #239084 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Have just heard the official anouncement on MMM news.
It would certainly be great to have an asskicking team straight away, but I'm happy to have a team to support.
Lets all show our support of the SOS team by all purchasing seasons tickets.

Reply #239098 | Report this post

Macca #1  
Years ago

Dusty anyone??????????????//

Reply #239106 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Sorry everyone.....but my comment had nothing to do with sour grapes over the dragons or about trying preempt anything. I was just stating that what I heard was that they would be spending UNDER the cap this season. So talk of Hodge and (I think I saw somewhere else) Donta Smith can stop now.

Just trying to be informative people :-)

And good on them for having a team at all. I DO wish I had one :-)

Reply #239123 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ch9 news went pretty quick.. likely Rychart for Holmes, they said. Ballinger signed. Not sure if they can keep Bruce under rigid salary cap.
Ng likely also. Someone else they are letting go.
Chasing Burston. and keeping Luke as an invitation to return if Europe doesnt work.. and more but it was too quick ???

Reply #239130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to Channel 10, his wife may be signing with the Adelaide Lightning

Reply #239133 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754