joyceovic
Years ago

Blaze Roster Finalised, under salary cap.

Blaze Roster is almost complete. From inside knowledge, this is what i feel the roster will be with their estimated salary.

Vanderjagt (80k), Behrendorff (60k)
Petrie (80k), Cameron (80k)
Ere (170k), Vukona (100k)
Harvey (150k), Demos (40k)
Gibson (120k, Goulding (60k)

This is realistic, total payments come to $940 000. under the cap.

Harvey will resign, Behrendorff will come as hes a local and is now unwanted at breakers (solid back up), ebi ere will be the hardest to sign but i feel he will come back to australia as he has a strong relationship with joey wright.

Thoughts?

also who should we get as our development players?

Topic #20149 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

I think most of it is on the mark, but I think to get Harvey and Ere you will need to spend that extra $60K!

Reply #239390 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So, it's not finalised, and not definitely under the cap? You're just guessing?

Reply #239391 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I think they would be paying a bit too much for both Gibson and Vukona, but I guess winning a Championship does that to your stocks...just look at Ben Wallace!

Reply #239392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't like their bench...

Reply #239394 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Give him a break Isaac, he's obviously from QLD.

Thoughts?

Reply #239395 | Report this post

joyceovic  
Years ago

no not finalised but i am good friends with many ppl at the blaze and from what i hear, this roster as listed will be it. Anyone know how much ebi ere commanded per season $$ wise at tigers/bullets etc??

Reply #239396 | Report this post

joyceovic  
Years ago

weve got a well rounder roster here. perhaps if we cant snare ebi ere, which is still a fair chance, you think we could bring justin bowen back?? also would another nbl club consider bowen??

Reply #239397 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

You joking Ere 170k, hilarious, try chatting with his agent you need to double that figure.

Reply #239402 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I cannot image Ebi getting out of bed of AUS $170k. I am alos suprised that Gibson & Vukona would be paid a six figure salary.

Reply #239405 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm led to believe that Petrie probably wouldn't have moved for $80k.

Reply #239407 | Report this post

monkey  
Years ago

gibson is probably the no.1 prospect atm to be pat mills back up pg at the next olympics. he is consistent and a class act. bruce and the ncaa boys dont come close.

Reply #239408 | Report this post

LULU  
Years ago

Petrie 80K would have doubled his money from previous years.

Plus he has family in Queensland

Reply #239415 | Report this post

LULU  
Years ago

I would also be surprised that Gibson and Vukona are on 6 figures. Gibson probably 100K and Vukona would be on much less. He averaged 5 and 5 this past year. is that worth 100K?

Reply #239416 | Report this post

monkey  
Years ago

Vanderjagt (80k), Behrendorff (60k)
Petrie (80k), Cameron (80k)
Ere (220k), Vukona (90k)
Harvey (170k), Demos (40k)
Gibson (100k, Goulding (60k)

adjusted salaries here, upped harvey and ere, dropped vukona's and gibson's.

If we cant get ebi for that, lets forget about him and bring back justin bowen, they are similar type players and much bowen wouldbe cheaper.

btw isaac, petrie has half his family in south east qld and 80k is a big jump on his salary at the gong last season.

how much would vukona and gibson have been on at dragons??

Reply #239420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joyceovic you're dreaming with your original post.
Joey's still looking for 3 stars in the US as at Wednesday.
If you're so confident about your apparent friends telling you what they've signed everybody for and many connected with the Bullets are now floating around Blaze, it should be a cinch for you to ask your pals what their ideas are of what Ebi would be paid.
Gotta love all these random aliases that haven't been heard of posting rubbish topics of late.
If you had credibility you wouldn't make a new name each time you post about something that could tie you back to your screename or another post in the past.

Reply #239430 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Ebi and Joey did not finish on good terms so they have anything but a good relationship. I don't think he will be their import. Gibson is worth every penny that is why the best coaches Wright & Gorj) always want him.

Reply #239432 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

So Isaac, your saying Petrie was offered more than $80k elsewhere (36ers) and knocked it back? leading you to say this?

Reply #239437 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pigs, didn't say anything about the 36ers. Point is, doesn't matter what Hawks paid him last year (as the GC fans are saying), but what he was offered this year. And my info just suggested that it might've taken more to move him, not that it was guaranteed. $80k would still be fine for him.

Vukona could push six figures if the Blaze are being aggressive - who knows. Has shifted twice since Breakers (wouldn't have taken cuts to do so) and was useful on a championship team which would count for something.

Gibson would've been in serious demand as the top PG prospect by some way. The only better option you'll get in the NBL outside of Bruton is going to be an import who will cost more and be more of a gamble. Gibson was starting point on a championship side, DPOTY, etc - $120k would be money well spent.

monkey/joyceovic, pick an alias and stick to it please.

Reply #239442 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

i agree that ere would not sign for 170k, let me rephrase, he might sign for $170k but under the table would require minimum of 275k to 300k, he has jumped ship from team to team to whoever pays the highest. Sixers would do well to sign bowen too he had some serious game i remember watching him torch us for 35 when we had hodge too.

Reply #239448 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

I saac, where my ? was heading for me, was where your info comes from...i am trying (in my own head) tp work out what the 6ers are/were chasing as to see what sort of side/team play they are looking for.

over the last couple of years the 36ers have more or less just tried to pick up what was about, but have been able to discover some decent imports too..

just trying to guise if the new group is going to pick up where the last left off or live up to the hype they have been able to generate...i am hoping for the latter...

Reply #239454 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

I think you will find Ere was on around USD$200k.

Reply #239457 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I like many posters I am sure would like other posters to stick with one alias and am sure there should be a way to make that happen if these guys continue to use diff. alias as no real reason to do so. Pigs of War what were you on when you did your last post.

Reply #239460 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

nothing....
just trying to find out more info than this thread has......and i know Isaac has plenty of info, just trying to work out where he gets most of it..

Reply #239467 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I have to agree with you Pigs Of War on that so much information and even part knowledge is held back from this site by many. Whilst we all know you cant spill whats told in confidence etc or get info. to other clubs who approaching still feel that more grapevine stuff could be passed on as we sit at Sixers with 1 plyr signed.
THANKS SOS

Reply #239474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice gee up. You have good Aussie players heading os because they can't make enough here, and you have Ebi taking a 50% pay cut

Reply #239495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blaze have updated their website and left harvey and McGregor on the player list. would suggest that they are going to be on the final team

Reply #240062 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:54 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754