DJ Rod
Years ago

Crocs sign Crawford and Dowdell

Link here!

Apparently on ABC radio Crocs CEO, Ian Smythe, said they were also poised to sign Tovey, Robertson & a former Melbourne Tiger

Topic #20151 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Crawford would be useful, but not that sure about Dowdell - hasn't really come along as much as would've been expected a few years back?

Rod, what do you think? Obviously you'd rather JR, but other than that?

Former Tiger options:

- Hoare (not sure what you get from Hoare that you couldn't get from Egan?)
- Crosswell (not needed if you keep Williams and have Robertson)
- Greer (why would you take Greer and keep Tovey?)
- Sturt?!
- Corletto (don't need him)

Any others it could be?

Reply #239450 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Isaac, I disagree with your comparison between Egan and Hoare.

Reply #239451 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

I remember reading somewhere that Greer is suposed to be heading up to Cairns.

Corletto is still in the Tigers plans I think.

So I guess that leaves Croswell, Hoare or Sturt. Hope it's not Hoare, but he would seem the most likely one I would have though. If it is, then that's pretty quick work by the Crocs. The Tigers released him what, yesterday?

Reply #239452 | Report this post

asd  
Years ago

Great pickup by crocs.

Seems sixers are behind the eight ball a bit. Lets hope they start to pick up some hard working defensive types.

Reply #239453 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

behind because they had to start later than others...
they will search on i am sure...

Reply #239455 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I really like PC - he's a local, played for my local club so that is a good thing.

Of course I'd rather Rillie because I wanna win this year, but it sounds like this is more of a building year IMO.

You can see the style is going to be run n gun, full court D etc

I have heard Hoare & Greer but have also thought of Boomer Johnson or Sturt.

187?/Kelvin
Cedar/Williamson
PC/Tovey
Hinder/Hoare?
Ellis?/Dowdell

Reply #239459 | Report this post

G.Smith  
Years ago

Isaac, I agree on what you have stated about Hoare and Eagan. If the crocodiles were to Sign Hoare that would be very interesting, and extremely unfortunate for Daniel Eagan.

I agree with those players you have stated that may not be resigned, besides Corletto. Can't imagine the tigers letting him go.

So if Greer, Hoare and Crosswell were to leave. and maybe Barlow (like some are saying)

- They can sign players such as: Sturt, Johnson, possibly Carter and RYAN BATTHIE. All of whom will be fantastic players and cheap for the obvious reason. This then leaving the Tigers to spend big on star players

Reply #239476 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What's the rumour re Barlow? Europe or someone will offer him more to be a number one option? (If the latter, maybe Perth or Cairns could spend on a SG?)

Reply #239480 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Crocs roster looking a little small. Same problem as last season. I hope they are in the running for a Tim Behrendorff, Matthew Burston, Justin Brown or NCAA 7-footer.

G Corey Williams - Kelvin Robertson
G Peter Crawford - Michael Cedar
F Brad Williamson - Cameron Tovey
F Rosell Ellis - Jeffrey Dowdell
C Russell Hinder - -----

Hopefully the Crocs bring in a bigger import as well but one who is a willing worker and defender.

Reply #239484 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

The Crocs really are going backwards, not looking good at all, last season the team was very average even with some lucky results. I feel for croc sponsors and the paying fans, looks like a great ABA all-star team.

Reply #239487 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Agreed to an extent, I think Williams and Ellis will be relied on scoring 40+ between them. I just can't see Williamson, Cedar, Crawford or Hinder averaging the 16 or so that makes team's so hard to defend. The team is also unbelievably small.

Robertson 180cm, Williams 193cm, Cedar 194cm, Crawford 194cm, Williamson 196cm, Ellis 199cm, Tovey 200cm, Dowdell 204cm, Hinder 208cm. Tell me which of those guys will intimidate down low.....

Reply #239508 | Report this post

G.Smith  
Years ago

What many of you are forgetting is that yes, Williams may not have a great shot.. But, the community of townsville love the crocs, and an extremely high majority of them love "homocide". He gets bums on seats like previously stated, and they sell ALOT of jerseys with his number on the back.

ALSO Up in Townsville on Channel 7 news, he has his own little section in the sport doing reports and interviews on the Crocodiles.

Corey Williams definately helps bring in the money for the Crocs, so why release him?

Reply #239510 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Have to keep Williams, he is the grunt of the team. I think they would be wise to go for a bigger import than Ellis. An Abney type would be a perfect complement to Hinder's game.

And yes, they need to sign a back up centre or they will have the same limitations as last year. But then again, making the semis aint that bad, is it?!

Reply #239521 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Yes but what got them to the semis was sacked last week!

Reply #239535 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

CROCS ARE GOING TO MAKE SOME SERIOUS NOISE THIS YEAR.

I WISH THEY WOULD PICK UP A BANGER WHO CAN HUSSLE WITH THE OTEHR BIGS IN THE LEAGUE. HAVING A 6'6 CENTRE ISNT GOING TO CUIT IT.
RO CAN PLAY 3 OR 4

NEED A PURE 5 TO HELP COREY

Reply #239570 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No need for all caps please.

Reply #239583 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

The Crocs don't sell individual players jerseys!

Corey will be back and I'd say so will Rosell.

Reply #239584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ Rod: Didn't the press release say PC would be the "marquee player" next season?

I doubt they're going to get someone of Homidice's callibre if that's the case.

If there's going to be an import, it may just be a Gruber-type.

Reply #239611 | Report this post

Dry Back  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure they won't sign Roe again. I think they will end up looking like this.

PG - Homicide/Kelvin
SG - Cedar/Williamson
SF - PC/Tovey
PF - Hinder/Dowdell
C - ?/?

With that team you would think they would have some money to spend on some bigs, and the fact that lack of size has been a problem for them recently. Then try and add a couple of big guys like - Loughton,M.Knight,Khazzouh,Bradshaw & Iti.

Reply #239616 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:19 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754