WIB
Years ago

Where is Boti?

During the last two weeks Boti has only produced 1-2 articles (both before last Wednesday), i know he may have gone to Melbourne over the long weekend, but during such an important time of the clubs history its surprising we haven't heard anything from him, even if it an online article.

Topic #20153 | Report this topic

s vidmar  
Years ago

he is on leave.

Reply #239512 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

On holiday for a few weeks. Was meant to have a break a bit earlier in the year but then the NBL/BA turmoil kicked in and so he stayed around to cover that.

Reply #239513 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Looks like he has taken a leaf out of Hemmerling's book and did a disappearing act when there is so much happening at present.

Reply #239515 | Report this post

jc23  
Years ago

he's quarantined.

Reply #239522 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

EC, so what you're saying is he needs a crystal ball to work out what's going to happen and when, so he can adjust his life accordingly just so he can write articles for you?

Life doesn't work like that mate.

Reply #239527 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, he was around when there were critical stories to cover (BA/NBL, Mal/JVG) and his break coincides with the handover and some early signings which probably don't ultimately need the same scrutiny and reporting outside of press releases that have covered that adequately.

Reply #239531 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Whilst dont blame Boti for not being there we are missing out on a lot of info. re players looking at signing etc but more importantly the SOS led Sixers and even NBL are missing out on good publicity with launches signings etc etc.
Positive PR about Sixers - NBL well overdue.
Casual sports observers dont even know NBL - Sixers been saved.

Reply #239536 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

That's true, bretts the man. I've had more than one friend say to me "shame about the Sixers" in the past couple of weeks. Well, actually just the one, but still...

Reply #239537 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There have been stories in the paper - there was a photo of Mark and Ben on Wednesday, and a Ballinger story leads the non-AFL part of sport on AdelaideNow. Plus, I think there might be a group shot of SOS in the Sunday Mail. Obviously it's not the same as when Boti is around, but it's not a vacuum.

As for keeping non-basketball people informed, I think efforts have to go beyond just those of Boti and it might take a few weeks or months for people to catch up on basketball's current position in Australia.

Reply #239538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is it Boti's job to promote the 36ers Bretts the Man ?

Reply #239553 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Yes, and I wasn't trying to slam on Boti btw. Just agreeing with the statement "many casual sports observers still think the Sixers are dead." Boti always goes into hibernation this time of year, nothing new.

Reply #239555 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Dear Mr Anon post 239553. Of course it is not but dear person he is the Advertiser basketball writer he does not write about any other sport and the paper is a SA paper. If there was no NBL or Sixers he would not have a job as small articles about ABA etc would not pay any wages. So the SOS SIXERS are important to his future and Advertiser circulation to some extent. If you dont care about Basketball maybe you got onto the wrong site.
Also I have not said he should not be on leave only that it is unfotounate that he is for greater coverage in this re- birth of the Sixers .

Reply #239562 | Report this post

AndyOG  
Years ago

Boti is probably working away on the typewriter writing another NBL themed novel on his hiatus from work, BTW If anyone hasn't read Mahervellous, you should go and get it, it's a great read, well written and well researched. If you are a fan of NBL basketball, Brett Maher and the Adelaide 36ers, its criminal if you haven't read it yet!.

Reply #239563 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Chill out guys, just a joke. I've never had an issue with Boti.

Reply #239661 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754