paul
Years ago

Dave Thomas to Breakers?

The Breakers have stated they are going with two imports, and that one of them "has great experience in this league and numerous team and individual honours to his name. We hope to make an announcement in the next week to ten days."

Individual and team honours, great NBL experience. Dave Thomas?

Topic #20162 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea i was thinking the same thing, the only others i could quickly think of that may fit that description and are either 2/3s or 4/5s assuming thats what the breakers are after were Ellis, Abney and Ebi Ere,

Reply #239565 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Joe Shipp

Reply #239566 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Exactly. I dont think Ellis and Abney really have a lot of team accolades, and I reckon DT is the best fit with the Breakers' 'values.

Would be a great signing if that knee is rehabilitated.

Reply #239567 | Report this post

asd  
Years ago

Julius Hodge

Reply #239573 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Can't see the Breakers wanting Thomas considering how fragile his body is and the injury concerns regarding his knee. He is way past his prime, lost alot of his explosiveness and should retire. Nonetheless, he has had a great career

Reply #239579 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Willie Farley!

2002 - Championship
2002 - 2nd in NBL scoring
2004 - Runner Up League MVP
2006 - Runner Up Dunk contest

Reply #239590 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Breakers already have a pure two-guard, who happens to be the best in the league. I think they will be signing someone who can play both wing positions, is a good defender and rebounder, and doesn't require a heap of shots. Rashard Tucker fits that category, but not with the Breakers' values!

With the money they have left you would imagine their import centre will be an defensive, athletic type, as scoring centres are expensive. But as long as he can finish dump offs and offensive boards, he will fit in quite nicely.

Reply #239592 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

How old is DT?
Wouldn't they want someone more athletic or someone who can draw a double team to draw the D out so that their slashers could get to the rim?

Reply #239624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, it's DT. Great choice :)

Reply #239860 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:07 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754