ESP
Years ago

NBA Player Movement

Its a slow Sunday and given there are no sixers signings to debate and seemingly the NBA finals are over, I thought I would raise the topic of potential NBA player movements this off season.

Anyone got any opinions on the following or others:

* The Diesel - To me, the Suns need to make some big changes, there has been some talk of the Cavs showing interest again. I think Shaq and LBJ would be a nightmare, the big fella showed this season that he has still got it.

* Amare - Again the Suns need to do something, do they build around him or move him for a smarter / more level headed Superstar.

* Vince Carter - There was talk of moving him just before the last trade deadline, will the 2010 free agent market see NJ want to move him out at the first opportunity.

* Bosh - He said he is not taking an extension, sounds like he will be somewhere else in the next year or two.

* Boozer - Definitely sounds like he will not be in Utah next season.

Any opinions?

Topic #20177 | Report this topic

Cavs will be crazy not to pursue Bosh. His trade value will be very low and they will be looking to take anything for him. and with Lebron and Bosh together, both so young, they would win for years

Reply #239799 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Is Bosh's deal up at the end of this upcoming season? If so, he will be gone from Toronto before this season even starts!

Reply #239803 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

There has been talks of a Celtics/Suns trade involving Rondo and Amare. The only Celtic I think Ainge will move is Ray Allen (could be heading to Washington for the 5th pick).

A core of Allen, Butler, Arenas and Jamieson with Haywood, Songaila, Nick Young, McGee and McGuire could do some damage.

Kings have also approached the Celtics. They offered the 4th pick for Rondo.

Bobcats are shopping their pick.

Reply #239805 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

ELG, I don't think they will be looking to take anything for Bosh. They will only trade him for a decent superstar. All the news out of Toronto is they are not looking to trade him. His contract ends at the end of next season.
And anyway, the Cavs have nothing that Toronto would want (LBJ excluded, of course). But the Cavs would take any trade for Bosh in a heartbeat.

If the Suns trade Shaq for expiring contracts, the Suns fans would surely be pissed. They repeatedly are giving and trading away players to save money. Good deal for the Cavs again though if they can get it. Low risk in Salary, and they are only trading Ben Wallace's corpse and Pavlovic for him. I'd roll the dice.

Reply #239834 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wasn't there a rumour somewhere about Bosh for Aldridge?

Reply #239839 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Isaac, interesting if you have heard a rumour about Aldridge and Bosh swapping places. I hadn't heard it, but put it up as a possible example on another message board to demonstrate why Big Baby, Scals and a 2010 #1 wasn't going to be enough land Bosh on the Celtics!

Could be interesting for Toronto and Portland though. Depends a bit on how much Portland value Aldridge. He clearly has enormous potential, and is already a solid player, but he also seems to disappear at times when the going gets tough. Bosh is perhaps a little further along and is putting up better numbers. So Portland might do that trade to try and accelerate the team's development.

Toronto would be interested, because obviously if they fear losing Bosh, Aldridge wouldn't be a bad option to work with. But because of the salary difference, Portland would have to add a couple of players, and if that were Przybilla and say Webster, all of a sudden, the Raptors are seriously improving their team balance.

Reply #239869 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

There do seem to be a few rumours floating around about not only Ray Allen, but Rondo as well. I'm definitely one who thinks that the Celtics are better off keeping their starting five together one more year, and then reassessing. They still won 62 games with KG injured for the last third of the season, and IMO could easily have won the title this year if they had stayed healthy.

Of course, they have two big challenges to resolve to round out the team:
- resign Big Baby at a reasonable price ($6 mill is probably the max they should offer I reckon)
- clear enough salary off the books (T. Allen and Scal) to afford a solid back up swingman for Pierce

House has an option and will no doubt stay, so if they can do the above, and pick up a guy like McDyess for about $1 mill, they will be looking good. Marbury would be nice too, if he was willing to stick around for minimal $$ but not holding my breath!

Reply #239873 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:45 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754