frank sorrenti
Years ago

Dontaye Draper as a potential 36er?

what do people think about that

Topic #20183 | Report this topic

Hong Kong Thrilla  
Years ago

Kavossy Franklin..... PLEASE! Draper horrible choice, what doe he offer? Undersized, not a true point guard, and doesnt make the big shot down the stretch.

Please, i cant go through another season of having to defend horrible import choices to my colleagues at work. Still getting over the Chappelle saga

Reply #239814 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Actually wondered about Draper given that he wrapped up a stint in Europe recently, mentioning on Twitter that he was back in the States.

Kavossy is another one worth mentioning. Had a slow start last season, but ended up averaging 15 PPG and about 4-5 APG - not a huge decline from the previous season given that his role changed and he was putting up a lot fewer shots and in 37 MPG rather than 43 MPG. He's tough at least and a known quantity. Worth a shot?

Reply #239817 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I'd prefer Draper to Kavossy. Though I think Bruce is just about on par with both of them so why get an import?

I predict a fair bit of improvement from Brucie this year if he does stay - still very young and hopefully having fully adjusted from college ball.

Reply #239824 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Go Bruce

Reply #239830 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

It was interesting to read in the Sunday Mail the SOS mention that the 36ers roster is nearly finalised. If that is the case I doubt Ingles is in the mix but would say Bruce & Burston could be in.

Reply #239832 | Report this post

NBL  
Years ago

Draper made the Kings that year he was with them. You underestimate the importance of a PG to break down the "D" and get in the lane anytime he wanted. It sucks the "D" in and allows your shooters to spot up and hit 3's. Any guy like balls would love to play with Draper. Any decent player with an outside shoot would average 20 points easy

Reply #239833 | Report this post

frank sorrenti  
Years ago

draper would be great 4 sixers great

Reply #239848 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

NBL, I woundn't say he made the Kings that year. He was coming off the bench behind Kendall & Smith.

IMO in is a good player but I wouldn't go burning an import on him when we have Bruce who has a bigger upside given age & that he is an Aussie. But in saying that Bruce needs to step up to his potential & get more consistent.

Reply #239884 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Interesting fact.....Adonis Jordan is heading to Australia.

Whether for a holiday or not.....not sure.

Reply #239934 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Jordan/Bruce - would be good , wouldn't it ?

Reply #239944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seamus signing Jordan...now that wouldn't surprise me.

Oh, it's Adonis you're talking about.

Reply #239949 | Report this post

nifty  
Years ago

Hey Hongkong thriller there have been 3 imports since that one and one of those was Hodge coming in twice so who did you have to defend.

Reply #239963 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers sign Jordan - would be a good headline

The aussie dollar is a bit stronger

Reply #239985 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Adonis Jordan is 39 years old!! No thanks!!

Reply #239988 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw well.. I was thinking about Aaron Bruce - shows a bit but not consistent - maybe one more season, then should be pretty good.
And, also - was thinking about signings - in a little bit of excitment , getting anxious.

Reply #239996 | Report this post

ronny  
Years ago

Burston to the 6ers almost done deal

Reply #240080 | Report this post

Budgie  
Years ago

Has Jason Smith signed with anyone yet? If the sixers could get him he would fill the leadership role that Brett left behind.
Any thoughts?

Reply #240087 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754