yogee
Years ago

First Round Dates and Times for Finals

With the completion of the 2005 Philips Championshiup National Basketball League regular season, all first round finals dates and times have been confirmed.

Brisbane and Hunter kick off proceedings this Wednesday night, 23 February, with tip off at 640pm Brisbane Time (710 Adelaide) at the Brisbane Convention Centre.

Thursday night the action moves to Melbourne, the Tigers hosting the Wildcats with a 740 Melbourne time tip off (once again 710 Adelaide time)

Quarter Final 3 will be in Adelaide on Friday 25th, with tip off at 710 Adelaide time. The 36ers will be hosting the winner of QF1, either Brisbane or Hunter.

Quarter Final 4 will have the Townsville Crocodiles hosting either Melbourne or Perth, with action commencing 310 QLD time (340pm Adelaide).

Semi Final 1 will have the games moving to a 3 game series, Sydney with the home court advantage when they take on either Adelaide, Brisbane or Hunter, with the first game slated for Tuesday 1st March with a 740 local tip off (710 Adelaide)

Wollongong have the other semi final home court advantage, hosting either Townsville, Perth or Melbourne, with action commencing Wednesday March 2 at 740 NSW time (710 Adelaide).

Every final will be live on FOX Sports, so if you havent got Fox, get to a mates place, or start enquiring at your local pub if they will be screening the games.

As the semi final opponents get known, I will update those dates and times as they become available.

Topic #2019 | Report this topic

Jimmy  
Years ago

cheers for that...ill be watching...go 36ers!!!

Reply #22767 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ditto, appreciated.

Brisbane or Hunter, eh?

Reply #22769 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

What's the go with junior finals scheduled for the same night? I assume they will be moved to Sunday?

Reply #22772 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

"Quarter Final 4 will have the Townsville Crocodiles hosting either Melbourne or Perth, with action commencing 310 QLD time (340pm Adelaide)."

Is this on Saturday or Sunday am pressuming due to the times listed it is Sunday, but why wouldnt it be on Saturday night?!

Reply #22775 | Report this post

warthog  
Years ago

i'm really pissed off about losing to cairns tonight

i'm pissed off about the start time on friday as well

i have a work commitment that i can't get out of that starts at 7pm on friday that will go for about an hour - i'd get there for the last quarter at best

i've been going since 1996 and only missed one final

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg ggggggggghhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Reply #22776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can someone please tell me how much a concession ticket is? i know it cost $22.50 during the season but how much is it for a finals ticket?

and where can i buy it from? apart from the gate..

thanx

Reply #22779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finals tickets are generally 10-20% more. It's not your team, the NBL tacks on their own levy to pay for their additional finals costs.

Reply #22805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon it'll be $29...

Reply #22806 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754