WoW
Years ago

New B.S.A Referee Manager

Get set for Daniel Hughes to be named in this position shortly.

previously the Stadia Manager at Passadena and the Dome.

He will have his hands full in this role. (out of work thanks to Eddy)

Good luck Dan

Topic #20191 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

I think I posted this earlier in the week. Good guess. If it is true, a good appointment.

Reply #239913 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dan denies this. I quote: "wrong wrong wrong!!"

Reply #239916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good thing Daniel didnt get the job, he would have been terrible. The way state champs was organised, 2 refs on every game! People knowing in advance what is happening. We cant have that. Stick to your day job Daniel.

Reply #239918 | Report this post

Statsmen  
Years ago

How long before Nathan has to start worrying about the rust in the knives of those stabbing him in the back

Reply #239920 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mark Hubbard announces The Concierge as winner of the BSA Ref Manager Smackdown '09:

I am pleased to announce that Nathan Wieland has been appointed to the role of Officiating Manager for Basketball SA.

Upon receiving the notice, Nathan Wieland said "I am excited to become the Officiating Manager for Basketball SA and am committed to continually improve officiating throughout South Australia at all levels."
More info

Reply #239926 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Out of those interviewed only 2 worthy of the job Nathan Weiland and Trevor Baker.

I reckon Trevor would have been great especially as an educator but maybe has been out of the junior area for too long and Nathan has been doing a good job with what he has done.

Good luck with it Nathan, sadly any one in the job would need a stab proof vest, but I think nothing will be able to protect his back.

Reply #239928 | Report this post

Others  
Years ago

Bluey there were two others which would have done a great job.
Either way Congrats to Nathan - All the best

Good to have so many good applications for an important position

Reply #239932 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

So what is Danny Hughes doing now?

(Not the footballer)

Reply #239937 | Report this post

Statsmen  
Years ago

So "Others" of the five interviewed, which one wouldn't have done a great job?

Neal, Mike or Ben

Reply #239955 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Statsmen - I'll answer your question - Ben wouldn't have done a good job. Lots of people wouldn't have been happy with him in charge.

I dont really know about Mike but Neil would have done a good job too, I just think Trevor and Nathan would have done a better job.

Reply #239959 | Report this post

Nathan & Amy  
Years ago

Congratulations on the appointment Nathan. Best wishes for the role, and we look forward to working with you for the betterment of the Referees and Game.

Reply #239977 | Report this post

MP  
Years ago

Congrats Nathan, being the former co-commisioner of the juinor comp with him, he was extremely approachable and easy to work with. Good job B.S.A.!

Look forward to reffing with you on saturday night mate!

Reply #239987 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

Bluey - Just because people would not have been happy with Benn in this position, does not mean that he would of not done a good job.

I think it is unfair to judge someone on something that they have not had a chance to do.

Well done to Nathan, im sure that he will do this position justice.

Reply #240115 | Report this post

Statsmen  
Years ago

Ben's probably already spat the dummy because he didn't get the job again!! When he learns to think before he speaks maybe he will earn some respect from his peers. When he learns that the game does not revolve around him, then he may become an even better official

Reply #240174 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754