Sturt 68 def North 61 @ Pasadena
Forestville 71 def South 60 @ The Lair
West 83 def Norwood 47 @ The Bear cave
Woodville 83 def Centrals 39 @ AtmosphereDome

Eastern by 10, 2 move 1 win from Sth, Nwd & Sturt
North by 1 = match of the round.
South at home but Eagles by 20+
West by 20+, Woosnam deuce deuce pts and assists
Centrals not strong enough, Lyn gets her 2nd W.

Topic #20213 | Report this topic

The Journo  
Years ago

Norwood v West @ Mars and North v Sturt @ Hillcrest are the venues to be at for value for money this round.

Reply #240175 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

I'd say Woosnam will get more than 2 points and 2 assists

Reply #240177 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

West will beat No-wood by 10-20, def head to MARS!

Reply #240178 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

ha - funny shit.

Reply #240179 | Report this post

Pasadena...Galactic Empire?

Reply #240186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

proof I think you mean the Death Star ;)

Reply #240189 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

I think Marino looks like a Jawa, but that would mean she's part of the Rebellion...?

Reply #240193 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hard to see Westies getting beaten. At least the Norwood girls will have a nice drive home.
Southern over Mavs for my money.
North/Sturt to go either way as well, but apparently North have an underated playa that will be the diff.
Weagles all over South - if you know you can't win, can you forfeit in ABL?
Woodies should lick the hapless Lions, but each week is one week closer to a win for the Lions. I've said it before "Who will break the Lion's drought?"

Reply #240219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack,

Care to elaborate who this under-rated player is?

I'd like to see Darren and Eze be allowed to go head to head.

Reply #240340 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Anon 340,
I was referring to the women and cross referencing to previous posts :)

Darren and Eze head to head would be a game to watch. I reckon Eze might just outshoot the Ninja

Reply #240353 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

Jack, care to discuss deeper your Southern over Mavs in the women? I'm curious.

Southern were up by 10+ in the 1st quarter last time and Mavs won in OT.

Reply #240373 | Report this post

Humpty Hump  
Years ago

Should be an interesting 4 weeks in the ABL. The following is some theory v reality to digest....

The top four teams are established and the only thing to be determined is their final seedings, Sturt look a lock to get the double chance but will have to perform without Jacob on a few occasions to do so.
Norwood & Forestville are both fighting for the other double chance and it is going to be intersting to see if Norwood can continue to improve and build on the eagles demolition of last week.
Have the Eagles peaked to early...?

West look a lock for 4th place.

Then it gets juicy....

North currently in 5th face Sturt, West and Fville over the next 3 weeks, if they were to drop all 3 they sit on 5-8 and would likely need to win their last 5 games to make the post season, in that run home they still need to take care of Norwood. Not much room for error there....

Southern are currently in 6th and 1 game behind North. Their schedule is a real rollercoaster as they face bottom 3 one week and top 3 the next, not ideal for a team that lacks consistency to say the least. They will need to beat North and one other top 4 team to make the postseason... a tough ask but not out of the question. Josh Wood should help fill the void Dan Lalic has left but will John Morris take them to the promised land or leave them wondering where their money went....

Centrals/Woodville - all they can hope to do is ruin other teams dreams by causing an upset or two but if centrals finish 6th/7th they would have to consider that a good year.

South Adelaide - what happened?

Eastern....yawn...

At the end of the day.... i see....

Sturt
Fville
Norwood
West
North
(these two seperated by their head to head result - North have +11 advantage)
Southern
Centrals
Woodville
South
Eastern

thoughts...?

Reply #240437 | Report this post

ahum  
Years ago

Very similar in the Ladies!!
South just interchanged with, Southern and you have almost identical scenarios.

However, I see North and Norwood as the two girls teams on the cusp. South should make the top 5.

Reply #240483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Norwood may give West a better run than some expect.

West by 5-10

Reply #240525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood women remain over rated pretenders and north comfortable winners against them

Reply #240526 | Report this post

filthy mexican  
Years ago

in the women's its top 6 facing off and bottom 4. this round should really decide team placing.

Bearcats vs. Flames
West should beat Norwood, I think all teams are hoping that Norwood takes some beats now before Foley has a chance to return

Panthers vs. Eagles
Tight one Forestville won by 11 last time, you would probably pick the eagles to win again

Rockets vs. Sabres
I think that the Sabres will win this one and set up a strong finish for Sturt now back to full strength

Eastern vs. Southern
Centrals vs. Woodville
Unless you are club members or supporters you wouldn't really care about either game as I 100% guarantee these teams dont make it close to finals

Reply #240529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that North are not playing Norwood, we are playing Sturt.

I think we will get 1 and 1 this weekend at best.

Norwood dont have the calibre of players that Sturt / North / West, they are not overrated. More like undermanned for there current position on the table

Reply #240534 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

Eastern women play Southern this weekend, then South, and if they pick up both wins they will have the split over both and will be even on 6W 6L... nothing breeds success like success, so as said previously, a very interesting fortnight.

Reply #240562 | Report this post

tonight  
Years ago

Early games

Eagles over South
West Over Norwwood
Southern over Eastern
Sturt over North
Woodville over centrals

Reply #240577 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Gen X,
Missed your post earlier but with the Mavs/Tigers game, I am most impressed with the Tigers tall timber and their rebounding.
Seems I was right?

Reply #240581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did westies women win by and who topscored for both teams?

Reply #240582 | Report this post

Humpty Hump  
Years ago

Men

Centrals over Woodville by 2 points.
Southern over Eastern by 20.
Sturt over North by 10.

Not sure about West/Norwood and one can only presume Fville beat South...

Reply #240583 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

Norwood by lots, 40 i think.

Reply #240584 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

Tofty, Congrats. Didn't think rebounds were that different, but Sthrn hitting 10 3's (30pts) helps a lot.

Did you think there was danger in game getting out of control? a few calls overlooked? Thought it was funny when our player got a push from behind and bumped your player on a lay-up and got called for a foul.

I don't think the umpiring was the best, very inconsistent. Gates 4th foul (charge)was crap!

Reply #240585 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Southern Women are the dark horse in the competition, if they get into the finals, they could run amuck.

3's win games. Mavs 5/11, Tigers 10/25. If you got reliable rebounders, guards can take risks and drop those threes.

In the womens, I reckon the top 5 is still anyone's game, except for two. In the mens, three teams are out, and four teams battling for position 4 & 5.

Reply #240588 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

So is that a no comment on the refs?

Reply #240594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flames anhillated west men by 40!!

Reply #240595 | Report this post

woodville men - lol

Reply #240599 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No, I have stopped commenting on refs

Reply #240606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Lakers couldn't win at Southern!

Reply #240607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Post of the year.............not.

Reply #240611 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

607, wasnt referring to bias, (sthrn away game) just that a few calls were very S88thouse.

2 for a start, but not entire list:
1 - Sthrn player puts whole foot out of court and keeps dribbling = no call.
2 - Dodgy charge calls all night both ways. Young fella loves the big call, regardless of correct or not.

Reply #240617 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

I see Daniel Cioffi played his first game for Centrals last night and scored 32 points.

Used to play for West and was on the 36ers list prior to going to Italy.

Reply #240630 | Report this post

hangin round  
Years ago

Believe Cioffi was very wiling to play for West but would be ineligible for finals, so to maintain loyalty to the team, it was suggested he look elsewhere for a game.
As it turned out, Cioffi was an asset for Centrals, while West had a shit night.
It would not be fair on a player group who look set to play finals to put in a new player for a few weeks, then lose him when finals come around.
Look what benefit it does to the new Soccer League- you pay maybe $2mill for a guest player for 4 gasmes, get bigger crowds- perhaps win a game , then lose the guest player prior to finals. What message does this sent to loyal players??

Reply #240649 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could Cioffi take his game further in Australia? Obviously not overly strong competition this round, but it was a big statline regardless. Always thought that with better direction and opportunity he could've done something in the NBL.

Reply #240650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West women were just too good, but given a very good run. Lots of momentum switches. Its the first match i have been to in a very long time and was extremly impressed.

I was impressed by both Nikita-Lee martin and Cara Boothey. Both had good influences on the game.

As for the refs, what can i say but utter hopelessness. Missed blatent travels, double dribbles and fouls each way.

Reply #240658 | Report this post

here and now  
Years ago

West women to strong in the finish.

How was that foul on Booothey at the end !!!

No call, should have had 3 shots!!!

Norwood much better than I expected.

West will not have it all. the game vs Forestville at Wayville in 3 weeks is a great one

Reply #240663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boothey had mediocre resullts which always seem to get a mention but her less fancied, same age, and better skilled team mate rarely gets any accolades when she out performs her, which by the way is often.

Reply #240666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reow!

Reply #240669 | Report this post

MEOW  
Years ago

Well it wasn't this game. Her more skilled team mate went AWOL.

Reply #240671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And who is this more skilled team mate?

Reply #240708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wish I could shoot at 20% and be mentioned as one having "had good influences on the game."

Reply #240709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok 20% but 4time she went to the line hitting 6 of 8. and the field goal % doesnt include made foul shots but can be added as a missed shot because of the foul.

Reply #240713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't believe a missed shot would be credited when a player is fouled and goes to the foul line. Perhaps someone who knows better could enlighten me?

Reply #240716 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

Its heating up in here! WOW!

Reply #240722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got to love it when a few mums air their issues in public instead of shutting up and letting go.

Reply #240728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can anyone answer the question? Is a player credited with a missed shot if they are fouled and go to the foul line?

Reply #240731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no shot is recorded if they are fouled. the assist if there is one (awarded if player makes a foul shot) is edited in after.

so being fouled and missing because of foul does not bring down shooting %

Reply #240741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #240742 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:13 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754