aaa
Years ago

Joyce to the 36ers?

The NBL website has said that Adelaide are talking with Joyce jr.

Please No!!!! We can do so much better!!

Topic #20216 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Joyce ... told the Mercury's Tim Keeble his agent was in negotiation with a couple of teams, reported to be Illawarra and Adelaide, but that he was yet to sign a contract.
This comes as news to both the Hawks and 36ers!

(BTW, NBL site calling the Hawks "Illawarra" is a bit of a mistake - have emailed them to let them know.)

Reply #240158 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'm not sure what I cringed at more - Joyce here or the NBL website not knowing what teams exist.

Ugh.

Reply #240159 | Report this post

Gambler  
Years ago

Joyce Jnr to the 6ers.........Baaaahahahahahahahahah!

Reply #240160 | Report this post

Macca #1  
Years ago

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reply #240161 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Is Fitzy or whoever is responsible for player negotiations trying to play some sort of practical joke on us or what!?!?

Then again, is BA playing a practical joke on all of us including him in the training fodder squad for the Boomers camp!?

Reply #240163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joyce is pretending people want him now that Joyce Snr is gone.

Reply #240164 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

cavolo - I reckon Joyce is either making stuff up or the journalist is just guessing.

Reply #240167 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Wouldn't be the first time that journalists have made things up Isaac!!

I would be very surprised if Joyce got an NBL gig this year due to the depth of talent to be spread across only 8 teams

Reply #240168 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It better not be true! We don't want him!

Reply #240173 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Id love to see it happen. ;)

Would be then interesting to see which fans would try and look a bit further than the obvious deficencies with his game and come up with some positives and which ones just continue to slam him :)

He does have a good record at the Dome doesnt he...could be a great fit.....

hehehehehe please make it happen!!!!

Reply #240180 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Statman, I'd rather have Nash back.

Reply #240182 | Report this post

hayden skipworth  
Years ago

didnt want to make a new thread but heres a great video for you guys interested about luke whitehead.

he loves australia and the gold coast.

www.sb4photos.com/lukewhitehead.htm

Reply #240184 | Report this post

hayden skipworth  
Years ago

also i think joyce would be a good signing for the 6ers as a combo guard. obviously not on the sam level but would play a similar role that daniel gibson does for the cavs.

Reply #240185 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I would have thought a similar role to that of Adam Morrison @ the Lakers would be more likely

;)

Reply #240188 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Statman that was because Bruce was guarding him!

Reply #240190 | Report this post

nickyg  
Years ago

Who included him in the 45 Aussie squad? Is this Hammer thanking Brendan?

Reply #240191 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Is Joyce eligible as a development player?

Reply #240192 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Huh........

Nope........

No Way..................

Are you kidding me................

I'm just waiting for the corresponding Cyanide and Happiness cartoon...

Reply #240194 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Paul, no he's not eligible as a development player, he's just a player who needs a hell of a lot of development!

Reply #240196 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

All the counselling that I had for the 'Jason Williams Years' was in vain...

Reply #240201 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why would you take on Joyce instead of Burdon? Burdon can shoot, gives it his all, and is very composed for an 11th man.

Reply #240202 | Report this post

moose 66  
Years ago

a copy from the NBL website

Former Gold Coast Blaze free agent guard Daniel Joyce has told the Illawarra Mercury he has fielded interest from a couple of teams, but that he would love the chance to return to the Wollongong Hawks.

Illawarra mercury? have i missed something?

Reply #240205 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Illawarra Mercury is the local paper, just like the Adelaide Advertiser or the Canberra Times.

Reply #240206 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Illawarra Mercury article

Methinks "Tim Keeble" is a Hoops user having a lark!

Reply #240208 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Lol don't the Hawks fans hate him more than anyone? Didn't he give them all the finger after he hit that buzzer-beater? (yes he hit a buzzer beater... i know).

There are approximately 178 young PGs in Australia who I'd take over SOJ. Didn't someone make a list last time there was a thread about this useless monkey? We should dig that up...

Reply #240223 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

Joyce junior has done very well against adelaide you cant deny that isaac, give the kid a break, he is an awesome kid who is talented.

Reply #240255 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Pfft. Let's not devalue the word "awesome" any more than is necessary. He had one game where he shot the lights out; for some reason, no one was guarding him outside the 3-point line. Jeff Brown had a great first game as a Sixer, if I recall.

Reply #240260 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks Brendan. Nathan Herbert has done well against Adelaide too.

Like I said, I'd take Erik Burdon. Daniel Joyce, playing for Sydney in the Waratah league, is shooting 28% inside the three point line, 33% overall and hardly putting up impressive numbers.

He's been prematurely overplayed in the NBL and it's given him a me-vs-the-world attitude. I've indicated doubt about the claim that those two teams were talking to him (it was news to both of them from what I hear) and indicated that I don't really rate him that highly. That's one opinion, but I don't think it's rare around the league.

Reply #240261 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they sign Joyce. By doing this, Hill becomes the second worse player on the team.

Reply #240281 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:14 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754