Topic #20228 | Report this topic

Loco  
Years ago

Basketbawful

- Phil Jackson face at Kobe and LBJ -

Reply #240328 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

lebron should also wear a top that says central division champions... or best pre game celebrationers

Reply #240335 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Nice one loco, not surprising to see Kobe also pushing the one man kobe show at the "TEAM" RALLY.

Reply #240342 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

yeah I was pretty disappointed to see kobe wearing a t shirt with the 4 rings - im a massive kobe and lakers fan but didnt like that! Mind u Derek Fisher also had 1 on

Reply #240351 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

At the risk of sounding like an old man, I find it disturbing that this up and coming generation will grow up seeing guys like LeBron ridiculously self promoting and consider this to be normal and acceptable.

I think this sort of "role model" is even more dangerous than the Ben Cousins off the rails coke snorting police escaping role model, as it's so subtle. Kids see Cousins doing that stuff and it's easy to see the consequences, but when guys like LeBron, who have a clean image, are going round wearing a T-shirt bragging how good they are the kids are being indoctrinated into beleiving that life is all about big noting yourself and everyone else in the world can get stuffed.

LeBron and Kobe need to look at Federer and Nadal to see how an elite athlete should conduct themselves. Can you imagine either of those guys walking round would a T-shirt boasting their world ranking or the number of grand slams they've won?

Reply #240369 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Should point them in Brett Maher's direction - that's how a champion behaves.

Reply #240428 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

----------------------
LeBron James
Most Vile Personality
----------------------

wins it hands down ... pants stroking himself

Reply #240432 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Well said Billo.... Roger and Rafer are more reminiscent of the class of MJ.

Reply #240443 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Why do I get this image of LeBron James and Kobe Bryant playing together in their super-exclusive super-secret club tree house with a sign "No Wade's allowed".

"Guys? Come on - let me in. Guys? Dagnamit"

Reply #240460 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Billo sorry to disappoint you but Federer does the same thing to some degree. Have a look at this photo.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05p3fuH7ox2PS/610x.jpg

I have also seen him do other similar things.

I don't see what the issue is Its just a part of advertising these days. Kids would want to get those shirts players are wearing. If they wear a shirt that all the other players are wearing then what would be the point. They want player specific shirts.

Reply #240461 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Errrrr...... KJ, so what?..... it's a shoe logo, it's not egotistical at all (unlike LBJ's shirt). No different to a tiger woods logo or the MJ jumpman.

Loco... funny stuff.... the image of Bron and Kobe in a tree house playing with their Masters of the Universe dolls wasn't very hard to envisage at all!

Reply #240465 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They've sold out to their shoe/clothing sponsors and are therefore at their mercy - that means pushing a puppet-hand-with-rings t-shirt. NFI who came up with that LBJ MVP one though - that's terrible.

Reply #240467 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

... unless Phil Jackson was holding the strings pulling the signature face.

Reply #240474 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I believe the LBJ MVP shirt is in reference to the RUN DMC shirts

Reply #240479 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Reply #240480 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

-----
L.B.J.
No finals, hey?
-----

Reply #240485 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

------------
Le Bron James
Most Vacuous Peacock
------------

Reply #240490 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754