Isaac
Years ago

Cairns retain Crosswhite and Williams

The Cairns Taipans will retain Ian Crosswhite and Kerry Williams, reports Cairns.com.au.

The Taipans have held off making official announcements until they receive their playing licence from the NBL, but Rychart has already confirmed he plans to play in Cairns for two seasons.

Joining him in the side will be Ian Crosswhite, who impressed in his role at centre last season. Crosswhite has agreed to a one-year deal but hopes to make a long-term move to Cairns.
It's been suggested they'll keep Aaron Grabau, Gary Boodnikoff and Dwayne Vale. No mention of Scott Cook or Darnell Mee though, but Stephen Black is a chance to return.

The Taipans are working within a self-imposed $800k cap, and now considering one import - likely to be a small forward.

Full story at Cairns.com.au

I think Cairns might be my third team this coming season - I like seeing the underdogs win, and these guys could be the new Spirit equivalent?

Topic #20235 | Report this topic

nickyg  
Years ago

I think the underdog tag is something Fearny will promote within the ranks & try & get the best out of his troops that way. Choco over the years has been great at the old 'its us vs the world' mentality. That will be fearnys angle.
Hopefully they can sign a rejuvinated Mee. He's been terrible since rolling his ankle for Oz & there's nothing worse than watching him trip up over his bottom lip! If he's not 100% fit & motivated - dont bother. On the otherside of the coin maybe he's the missing link for Adelaide!!
Whos your 2nd side Isaac?

Reply #240418 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Isaac is a Breakers fan then a Sixers fan lol

Reply #240420 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's a close call, but blood first - Breakers and 36ers are my teams.

Reply #240426 | Report this post

rumour  
Years ago

and dont be surprised if the import comes for the SEABL or QBL !!!! they are watching both comps with interest. the SEABL has some quality imports this year and may be able to get a consistent import at a bargain basement price.

Reply #240469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dusty will compliment Crosswhite, this is a good signing for them. Put in an athletic 4 man as well and you will have an ok front line.

What about Mee? is he healthy? Does it even matter at his age? can he compete in this league anymore? I have doubts, can someone reassure me?

Reply #240517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember when Mee and Kevin Brooks used to tear it up for the 6ers. Man those were good days!

Reply #240533 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Mee is past it but as he still is in Cairns,I'm sure they'll offer him something.
Word is all the eggs were in the Wortho basket until that fell through...

Reply #240687 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:38 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754