Anon
Years ago

AUS Camp

Anyone hear how the camps went last few days.....in AIS and Dandenong? Kids pull through OK....Any standouts.

Topic #20236 | Report this topic

Avv  
Years ago

I thought the revamped Basketball Australia site would provide more regular info. about the Boomers but it appears not.

Under "Tournaments" they still have the team listed as competing in the US Summer League in Vegas which is no longer the case.

How can the profile of the Boomers be lifted when the official body can't even provide regular, accurate information???

Reply #240431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The team for the U17s next year was set in concrete with no new invitees for the next camps envisaged.

Reply #240442 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Surely the bottom age girl (top age 16) from SA would be in....shes their best bet by far....

Reply #240449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a bit surprised by the omissions and can't believe there are only 25 kids considered good enough

Reply #240487 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

Anon 487 - numbers limited by funding and BA. Always will be discussion over the best kids but in terms of the girls program I don't see anyone outside of the 25 who is a glaring omission.

Anon 449 - impressive as the girl to whom you are referring (if I have the right one) is, I certainly wouldn't call her the best bet they have. I do think she;ll be in the team for Brisbane though.

Anon 442 - all campers were advised prior to this camp that they would be invited back for the September Camp - don't think that precludes extra invitees. I'd be very surprised to find that the team for next year was set in concrete given the changes that can occur in 12 months with 15, 16 and 17 year old girls. Perhaps you'd care to name your team, or perhaps allocate places by State?

My info is that 3 AIS scholarships have been offered to girls this week, one of which has been declined. All to talls, not all at the camp.

Reply #240495 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Schuller told me Taylah Roberts from Tas been offered one and accepted

Reply #240512 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Wonder if they take them ;fit' or not...seems keep on a lot that are injured or not up to fitness

Reply #240576 | Report this post

Grote 35  
Years ago

anon#449 and #495,

Just casue somebody does well in club basketball does not mean that they do well at camps. It is not just about their ability and as much about attitude, coachability and team stuff.

It is easy for a bigger kid to do well when surrounded by smalls. But when they go to the next level, they have to compete against many taller kids and the things they find easy aren't anymore.

I would suggest that 2 of the top age players are a chance, with 2 bottom age player close. But certainly not sure things.

Reply #240587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many scholarships will be offered to the ais

Reply #240612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

which 2 top players

Reply #240616 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Not unusual for some to decline.....must get all info before deciding...

Reply #240661 | Report this post

Roweville  
Years ago

I Got a quick look at the Vic girls, couple of good P guards, one bottom age girl I hadn't seen before looked good . Along with 4/5 quality talls, bottom age metro centre looked very good, all country girls worked hard and looked fit. Would have to say on what looked like a quality group a fair number of selections will come from that 12 or whatever it was.

Did anyone see the AIS sessions? would be interesting to hear feedback on that.

Also will wait with intrest to hear how the bottom age girls go in Tas considering a few will be watched for a gig in the team/squad.

Reply #240887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you think the SA girls have a chance?

Reply #242320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They dominated last year at nationals being bottom age.

Reply #242587 | Report this post

Roweville  
Years ago

All reports suggest SAC girls will be looked at with great intrest. the draw has the top teams in the one pool so it will be evident early on who is the top girl in respective positions. But who knows exactly what they want, or if it's already chosen!?
Saying all that, the girls I got a look at training were sharp! Turns out both p guards are at Eltham one is 16's the other 18's IMHO both are contenders as a 1 or a 2! A very fast 3 from metro who couldn't be looked past, great vert n smart.
So, for mine it will be a tough decision for selectors and if the raps on the S.A girls are on the money they will definitely appear in the mix.
But hey I must also mention my gig was footy, I've only found the joys of basketball through haveing sissy sperm no Father son rule here!! Lol. But love the game.

Reply #242596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done to all the girls selected for the squad of 16. 3 SAC named in the squad.

Reply #243060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very ordinary crop of u16's girls at the Nationals from all states and it's difficult to read much into the results.
Metro have no show with two out from injury and illness and the girls don't seem to have the basketball smarts to overcome bland coaching and those player losses.
SAC will take gold by default

Reply #243061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SAC have some very talented players, I don't default will have anything to do with it.

Reply #243063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it would seem this has been the case right through the last few years that the other states dont seem to have the depth in the top age 16 group.

Reply #243071 | Report this post

Grote 70  
Years ago

A couple of SAC girls impressed. A bit of a mixed bag for talent. Vic Metro 3 as roweville said, huge talent offence and defence. knee injury in finals or could have been a much bigger win to vic.

Reply #244045 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754