Isaac
Years ago

Funny ABL Tipping - who's interested?

Unfortunately, Quentin Zervaas who runs NBL Tipping is just too busy to put together a Central ABL tipping site (he's being paid to do tipping sites for the SEABL and QABL), so the best option is out.

I think it'd be good to have a tipping competition regardless, even if it's scrappy and handled manually.

One alternative is to buy something like the tipping software from www.footy.com.au and use that ($187 for a web-enabled version; $165/hour to customise the appearance). Even easier if they host it and I don't have to

---
"Web hosting for up to 200 tippers costs an additional $82.50 (inc. GST) , on top of the web edition, so in total you will pay $269.50 (inc. GST)."
---

The free option as I see it is to appoint someone to receive tips by emails, email out reminders to a list of participants, and make manual calculations (painful for any more than a handful of people).

Who wants to be involved? Who wants to actually tip?

If someone can come up with a cheap sponsor ($187!), we'll do it and they'll get decent branding in return.

Topic #2024 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I'd be keen to participate! Would you be looking at running it for both men & women's competitions, or just the men?

Reply #22842 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I thought that forcing a combined score of men and women's comps could encourage people to take an interest in both.

A combination might affect the teams ladder but if that's the one disadvantage, so be it.

Any other takers? If there's not enough interest, I won't bother trying to find a sponsor to cover the costs.

Reply #22845 | Report this post

Nitros  
Years ago

Put me down for sure. Good idea to have men's and women's-- more interest needed in womens hoops- I've never really followed it before, but if there was tips on the line, I'd be courtside!!

Reply #22858 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

I'm interested. Would be great.

Reply #22860 | Report this post

biasbinding  
Years ago

I'm interested

Reply #22864 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Throw me in the mix, all though I'm tipping long distance so don't expect to much knowledge here.

Reply #22867 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Yeah, Whack my name down. Should prove interesting.

Reply #22874 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Tipping long distance as well but I'm happy to tell everyone I know what's happening better than they do!

Reply #22882 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

absoloutely - count me in

Reply #22914 | Report this post

Deano  
Years ago

Fresh off a win in NBL tipping I'd be happy to try and back it up with a win in ABL tipping!

Reply #22949 | Report this post

Kelly  
Years ago

Make people pay $10 to enter, that would cover the costs! Then the winner gets whatever is left over at the end as their prize.

Reply #22951 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have a likely sponsor for our ABL tipping competition that will keep it free and encourage as many people as possible to play. More news soon.

Reply #22955 | Report this post

genna  
Years ago

Im definately interested too

Reply #22983 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:40 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754