Dusty 6th
o#3 d#10

Assists
Brett 2nd behind Darnell

Blocks

Coop 6th awesome considering minutes

Steals

Willie 10th.

5 different players in the top tens of the stats catergories great effort by the boys and the team.

Topic #2026 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

One thing I noticed is that Oscar is almost 5% clear in that top spot with 47.2%. Brad Davidson is next best on 42.5%. Big margin.

Also, there are no 36ERS in the top ten for fouls or turnovers at all!

Oscar's 3 of 3 from outside last night didn't hurt.

Reply #22814 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Phils teams over the years have hardly ever had anyone in the top ten for turnovers and fouls ( ithink CT in his first year for turnovers) but its a credit to the style of play phil preaches

Reply #22822 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I remember Stiff and Mee going top ten in fouls I'm sure. Still your point is still pretty valid in general.

Reply #22880 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Apparently (I think the stat comes from Boti) Oscar is the tallest player in NBL history to top the league in three-point shooting.
A few recent league-leaders in that category:

(Anyone got a more recent Media Guide than I have? Who got it in 2003 and 2004?)

2002 - John Rillie (47.2%) 6'5"
2001 - Jason Smith (47.6%) 6'5"
2000 - Jason Smith (44.9%) 6'5"
1999 - Matt Shanahan (47.8%) 6'5"
1998 - Jason Smith (50.0%) 6'5"
1997 - Brett Maher (46.5%) 6'2"
1996 - Isaac Burton (46.2%) 6'3"
1995 - Terry Johnson (47.9%) 6'4"

I haven't seen The Advertiser yet today, but I think there might be a mention of it in there.

And speaking of media guides, why don't the NBL make them available for sale to the general public, or do they already?

Reply #23099 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

Isaac,

There is an article in todays paper including pic.

The previous tallest player to win the 3 pt stat was Scott Fisher in 1989 (201cm).

Reply #23106 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #23107 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I know Boti has his critics when it comes to his jokes, but I did laugh at the last line:

"Maybe there was a little guard in the loading bay."

Reply #23108 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

And give Boti credit where its due...he lobbies for a full page of basketball coverage every thursday and saturday and he got it this week

Reply #23116 | Report this post

Dunners  
Years ago

Terry Johnson is my school bball coach

Reply #257625 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:57 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754