Aleks Maric (CB Granada)
Damian Martin (Sydney Spirit)
Stephen Weigh (Perth Wildcats)

Basketball.net.au story
Fox Sports story

Topic #20267 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Sorry if this is old news or if I missed something but why isn't Schenscher in that team?

Reply #240880 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

coach brown has obviously not seen half these guys in game pressure situations !!

Reply #240885 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I assume he didn't make himself available. Was in the States last I heard. A number of others have retired from international play or are presumably resting this off-season - e.g., Worthington.

Reply #240888 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

They are only playing local teams in China? Not the national team???

Reply #240889 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

EDIT,,,nope, they are playing the National team...

I think they will have some fun...will certainly get to know there defensive sets...

Reply #240890 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Selected on their grunt and skill at the 5 day training camp - on the BA article , and 3 ' Sturt ' players.
( Yes, Luke is in USA may play summer league)

Reply #240891 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Cheers for the Schenscher update

Reply #240897 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'd just be curious to know where Aaron Bruce is, as was selcted in the squad , but didn't train.

Reply #240898 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pigs, yeah, National Team, but whether Yao or Yi are there remains to be seen.

Remember that the invitational team last year was competitive (refs had an influence on the game I was there to see) with a team that had everyone bar Yao. That team was: Carter, Crawford, Forman, Vanderjagt, Burston, Tragardh, Ng, Loughton, Knight, Tovey.

This team is missing Vanderjagt, Burston, Tragardh, Ng, Loughton, Tovey; but adds Gibson, Harvey, Hill, Holmes, Jawai, Maric, Martin, Weigh.

Arguably, it's a better team going over this time.

Reply #240902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruce is also in the US, recently married and spending time with his new wife and friends and family.

Reply #240903 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Congrats to Hill and Holmes heres hoping this leads into them having break out seasons with the 36ers!
Yea also interested to find out about Bruce doesnt seem to be spoken about with the 36ers, has he gone to Europe or the US to play? i remember reading somewhere a rumour he wasnt going to play much longer has he retired already?? i hope he keeps playing somehwere, id love him back as a 36ers, as he has the potential to be one of the best PGs in the league in the next few years, not far off being the best aussie now PG playing in the NBL now behind Bruton and fairly well on par with Gibson

Reply #240904 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Didnt bruce sign a 2 year deal last year. Im pretty sure when they announced his signing initially it was for 2 years.

Reply #240975 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doesn't mean much - all deals were canned this off-season.

Reply #240980 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:40 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754