Isaac
Years ago

"New" NBL logo unveiled

Not really much of a surprise, but it does now bring the NBL into alignment with BA, the Boomers, Opals, WNBL and so on:

"This marks an important day for basketball," said Sengstock. "The symbolism of this branding is far deeper than a logo as it recognises the significant steps taken by the basketball family and the NBL to come together and build stronger links with the community and highlight the important role the NBL plays in elite development pathways. This brand alignment is in keeping with our two-stage approach to the reform of the league, and encapsulates basketball's push for a fresh and modern image as a key step in the transition process."

Topic #20290 | Report this topic

me  
Years ago

I think its been mentioned before, but that is incredibly like the A League logo.

still, its a tidy logo

Reply #241143 | Report this post

Dazzler  
Years ago

definitely an improvement on the old logo

Reply #241146 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Love it. What exactly does the orange ball thing represent though?

Reply #241186 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Um a basketball

Reply #241194 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

X an exploding pumpkin, season start day is October 31.

Reply #241195 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Anyone care to collaborate a timeline of NBL logo's?

Reply #241196 | Report this post

Meh.  
Years ago

The 'N' looks like an 'A'

The logo is garbage.

Reply #241236 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The logo is terrible. Aesthetically, it is unbalanced with a lower case n preceding upper case BL. It just looks wrong.

Reply #241242 | Report this post

Pirie Panthers  
Years ago

AGREE WITH MEH & EC!

It's a terrible Logo nBL and the little 'n' does look like an a.

Reply #241255 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah now that you mention it I can see how some people might think it's an A, make it an uppercase N and it'd be alright though.

And yeah I got the basketball bit lol, just wondering why it would be split up into three slices. Pumpkin sounds right.

Reply #241257 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yeah, the stickler in me really doesn't like the lower case n followed by upper case BL. Otherwise I think it's decent but not great.

Reply #241262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the ball graphic is terrible, why not make it look like a basketball!! it can still be stylised, this is just ugly...

Reply #241305 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Looks like a stylised basketball to me.

Reply #241317 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Guys seriously, it's just a logo.
There are bigger fish to fry off the court that needs to sustain the sport long past it's logo and BA have been doing that during the interim year.
Personally if it was me, I would've spent about 5 minutes on it, then got back to more pressing issues.
I wouldn't even care if BA HAD only spent 5 minutes on it- it's trivial and we will all get over it in time- it's just a logo.

Reply #241328 | Report this post

champion  
Years ago

MEH and EH and Pirie Panthers, if someone was half smart, they'd know that it is the nbl logo and knowing the lower case 'n' is an n.
an upper case N would not suit this logo.
it is a genius design, very simple.

Reply #241516 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754