TR
Years ago

NH: Michael Jackson RIP

One of the best entertainers ever has been reported as deceased. Jackson is believed to have died of a heart attack this morning...

Whilst I had some issues with him, he was a great performer.

RIP..

Topic #20298 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

CNN:

Fire Capt. Steve Ruda told CNN a 911 call came in from a west Los Angeles residence at 12:21 p.m. and the patient was treated and transferred to the UCLA Medical Center.
TMZ were the first to run with the story of his apparent death:
We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived.
Twitter has about 1,000 results per minute coming through on the topic.

Edit: TR, glad you didn't go with "RIP MJ" otherwise I think the forum might've collapsed (even more than usual).

Reply #241268 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

the guy was a complete fruit bat but he had skills. not completely my cup of tea but RIP the man that set the standard for a long long time plus the moonwalk was real f#*kn cool.

Reply #241269 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A loss to the entertainment industry. Very creative and his legacy will be the moonwalk.

Reply #241272 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Heart attack? I blame it on the boogie.

Reply #241279 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

RIP Mike

Reply #241297 | Report this post

Billie-Jean  
Years ago

some say he had a good heart but he just couldn't beat it!

RIP

Reply #241313 | Report this post

Years ago

Pronounced dead in UCLA Medical Centre at 7:56am Adelaide time, officially confirmed by the coroner a couple of hours later.

Even though there doesn't look like anything suspicious at this stage, supposedly they're still going to investigate his death.

Reply #241349 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

An absolute tragedy. RIP

Reply #241393 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

He'll be remembered for touching many people....

Reply #241394 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I wouldn't call it a tragedy. He died young, but hasn't been healthy for a while. And it's not like he was cut down at the prime of his career.

Reply #241402 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

meh... he's been dead since 1991 hasn't he?

Reply #241427 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I'm loving all the jokes like him getting melted down into toys so kids can still play with him lol

Reply #241479 | Report this post

hangin round  
Years ago

The Coroner wants the autopsy completed by Wednesday afternoon as they pick up the recylced plastics on Wednesday night.

Reply #241482 | Report this post

Jane  
Years ago

His music has been played at lots of basketball stadiums world wide. RIP MJ

Reply #241497 | Report this post

James H  
Years ago

And just when I thought he couldn't get any paler, he surprises us again.

he touched so many children.

Reply #241505 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

What a legend. There's Elvis, MJ, the Beatles, and then A LOT of air as far as the music world's greatest go.

A sad sad day. Pity his reputation is tainted, probably (in my opinion) undeservedly.

RIP

Reply #241527 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

I just bought a new car stereo... When you shout out "Soul", it plays soul music. When you shout out "Rock", it plays rock music. Some kids ran in front of my car, and I shouted "fucking kids!", and it played Michael Jackson.

Reply #241528 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

McDonalds have announced they will be releasing a tribute burger to Michael Jackson called the McJackson burger. Its 50 year old meat in 10 year old buns.

Reply #241529 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If there's one thing you can bet on, it the bad jokes. When the Challenger shuttle exploded, there were jokes befor the debris hit the ground, with Jacko, there were jokes before the other glove was even found up Bubbles the monkey's a#@$

Reply #241536 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Lol Jack you funny fucker.
Goulding is the new bubbles isn't he.

Reply #729203 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:20 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754