DJ Rod
Years ago

Melbourne Tigers Starting 5

" Chris Anstey
" Mark Worthington
" Sam Mackinnon
" David Barlow
" Luke Kendall

its like they've signed the best pieces from every chapionship winning team over the past 7 years!

Topic #20319 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

And with 2 imports, the Tigers will cause some damage. But must take into consideration, Anstey is now officially over the hill, after some of the play and shot selection he showed last season. Sometimes the finals series resembled more of a circus with his post moves! Wortho is a tad overated and is not a exactly a game winning 'franchise' player as he has been touted by so many. And for Sammy Mac, well he will surely be happy to just get through the season healthy! Barlow and Kendall are both good role players, and can put up big numbers but not every night...come to think of it, perhaps the only damage done, will be to Westovers so far very good reputation of working well with talent!

Reply #241595 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

no imports - they've finalised their roster:

Greer
Crosswell
Johnson
O'Hea
Corletto
Bathie (dev)

Reply #241596 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

They have a very good team but they are certainly beatable!

Reply #241598 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

I'm no Tigers fan, but atleast they ar egoing in with out an import, that alone makes me think they might be on the salary cap...

Reply #241599 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Perhaps the only damage done is to the salary cap.

Reply #241600 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

i think they are a Sam Mac injury away from being quite ordinary. Although, Anstey will have a good year with the thin stocks at the C position around the league.

Reply #241601 | Report this post

Forman  
Years ago

My money be on Tigers as soon as sport odds come out!!!
Outstanding lineup without imports.Be first time a team with no imports to win a championship!!!

Reply #241602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow's better than a role player and I look forward to seeing Anstey go up against Adelaide without Schenscher.

Reply #241619 | Report this post

nickyg  
Years ago

Yet the Razorbacks came so close til Ebi Ere popped in his last 3 minute onslaught in 03.

Those pigs were terrific & were led by Sammy mc.

TRAHAIR
RILLIE
MCKINNON
HINDER
DWIGHT

C - GORDIE MCLEOD

Pease help with the others

MCGREGGOR
?????

Anyway, that was when bball was exciting for being all aussie - & they were so close!!

Bring it on baby!!

Reply #241630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Chris Anstey
" Mark Worthington
" Sam Mackinnon
" David Barlow

that alone makes mockery of a "Salary" Cap

Reply #241633 | Report this post

ronny  
Years ago

Kendall is overrated and sammy mac is to injury prone to be counted on these days.there real strength is there big 2 up front. the problem is there both jump shooting soft interior operators. this tigers team is overrated. depending on who the cats imports are, i rank them withe 6ers, blaze and the breakers right up there

Reply #241645 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Ronny, how can you say you rate the 6ers when so far all we have signed is-
Ballinger
Holmes
Hill
Ng
?????????

Reply #241667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not one of those players can create off the dribble, the tigers will get old very fast. Some of the teams being assembled will run the shit out of them. No ebi to bail them out, no hoare to give them the unselfish consistency, one injury and it will all be over, a bad start and they will throw in the towel, it is in all of the starters personalities (except for Mac)

Reply #241668 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Brad, just being pedantic and your point stands, but don't forget Burston.

Reply #241669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so so so many South Australian still sooking about the tigers. They arent even signing one import. That is fantastic. Especially with South and Sydney dropping out of the competition.. Should be happy that they arent always looking for imports to ensure they win unlike the 36ers 'fans' (*FANS - didnt say the club and everyone involved)

Reply #241771 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:35 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754