oregonlive
Years ago

NBA Draft: Kevin Pritchard talks about Patrick Mil

Mills to Summer League
NBA Draft: Kevin Pritchard talks about Patrick Mills
Check Video
http://videos.oregonlive.com/oregonlive/2009/06/nba_draft_kevin_pritchard_talk_1.html

Topic #20328 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Thanks for the link, very positive.

Reply #241682 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

mmmm.

Reading between the lines I think Patty will be lucky to make the roster ... but I hope I am wrong.

Really annoying that possibly Patty will follow Newleys path and disappear off the NBA landscape for a while.

I just wanna see the boys play against the best and show the world we are are one of the best pound for pound basketball populations in the world.

Mind you Lithuania would have to be the best pound for pound sadly.

Reply #241683 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

TBH I don't really think he was hinting anything, he sounded really positive in the way he spoke of Patty and seemed genuinely excited about the thought of having him around, it seemed like the comment about the international passport was more of a side note indicating that they had options with him that he wasn't just going to be stuck in the team at the end of the bench but that they had options with where they could put him.

Reply #241697 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

I think there is a shot at Mills making an NBA roster, but it all hinges on how he goes in preseason camp and the summer league.

I suspect many discount his performance in Beijing as a great player shining in a mediocre team. He needs to prove otherwise.

Reply #241698 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

What annoys me is the thinking in the way NBA teams draft players.

For example, many people suggest Mills got pushed back to the second round because they don't see him as a 'pure' PG or that he's too small. Yes he may have some limitations; but the dude can flat out play.

I have no doubt that Mills can prove his worth however, given the chance. I just hope Portland have the sense to look at him not as a certain position, but as a very good player with certain abilities.

Reply #241725 | Report this post

Hong Kong in NBL  
Years ago

He talked about him having an international pasport, i'm not sure what he's talking about. If he had a european pasport he'd be able to play in europe as a non-import, is he suggesting he should play in Australia for a year or just that he thinks Australia is part of Europe.

Reply #241739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats a point, i think he just got it messed up and though we are part of the EU. Still the point would be the same that he could go over there and play, i just hope he is given a chance.

Reply #241742 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I was talking to a former head coach in NBA and NCAA yesterday and he said something I never realized...

"The position of point guards in this era is the strongest the league has ever seen, in the past we've had dominating bigs but the point guard position today is stronger than ever"

This had me thinking over Mills bornt in the wrong era as this is probably the toughest times for players of this position to get a chance, and probably why my personal favourite J-Critt never had his chance to play.

Reply #241820 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:02 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754