Anonymous
Years ago

Aussies in NBA Summerleague

Should be an interesting Vegas NBA Summer League coming up in early August with several Aussies to keep an eye on. Mills will be playing for Portland, and I'm assuming that Jawai will suit up for Toronto, Newley for Houston and Ingles for Golden State (was reported in Advertiser that Ingles was offered to play in Summer League with them). Im not 100% sure that Newley and Ingles are playing but I'm assuming they are. The team lists should be out shortly.

Assuming that both Ingles and Newley are playing, they will face each other on the very first game: July 10, 1PM, Houston vs. Golden State.

There may even be other Aussies participating in the summerleague so keep an eye out. Hopefully our boys get enough minutes to prove themselves and play well.

Topic #20340 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aaron Baynes and Aleks Maric maybe, or though Maric is still contracted to his Spanish team so i assume he woulden't be playing.

Aaron baynes is a mystory.

Reply #241913 | Report this post

dan  
Years ago

i really hope that brad newley gets on the rockets roster this season and all the best to brad newley int eh summer league

Reply #241917 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

Didn't Aaron Baynes get signed by Leituvos Rytas in Lithuania a few weeks back?

Reply #241992 | Report this post

darwin in NBL  
Years ago

What about Nevill? He could take Yao's spot at Houston and Newley could take McGrady's.

Reply #242039 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Golden state included Joe Ingles
http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/2009_summer_league_announcement.html

Reply #242045 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Julius Hodge playing?

It'd be nice to see him clash with the 36ers staff scouting imports.

Reply #242048 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:13 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754