ritz
Years ago

Potential 36er Recruits?

Just watching some footage of these guys on ESPN.
Has anybody heard of these guys?

Michah Downs 6-7 180 forward from Gonzaga
Really good slasher, dunker highlight reel guy

Tony Danridge 6-5 215 forward from New Mexico
won college slam dunk comp, i think a current globetrotter

Charlie Coley, III 6-7 215 forward from Charlotte
runner up college dunk comp, i think a current globetrotter

These boys would bring people to the dome similar moulds to trimmingham, talford & farley...

Topic #20383 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Brett Rainbow was a good dunker also..... Got to actually have skills also!

Reply #242387 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Micah Downs is a really good young guy with a lot of talent but has had a scattered past

from Dime Mag: 'You could make an argument that Austin Daye wasn't even the best small forward on his team. Downs can play, but may have been hurt by his reputation for being a spoiled brat with a meddlesome stage dad.'

Threw down some nasty dunks in the NCAA Dunk comp - so skinny that when he goes up he floats for a while...

Reply #242394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just because a boy can dunk does not mean he can play ball in our league. It is hardly even worth discussing probable import signing's. There are too many to think about until the team announces a few prspects.

Maybe discussing they're local signings is more worthy. Development spots... etc.

Reply #242395 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Dee Brown will be in town shortly. Maybe we can offer him a gig.

Reply #242496 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

maybe anon. 242395 you can lead the way in suggestions rather than negative crap to someones post

Reply #242498 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

What about Bonzi Wells? I am serious as well......

Reply #242517 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

How would Bonzi Wells compliment the team? Would he play either PG, SG or SF/swingman. Would he even consider NBL

Reply #242523 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Bonzi would play all of the above positions & would dominate the league as he ca score, rebound, drive, play D. It would also help bring the fans back through the doors.

I say the 36ers would play him SF / swingman. He would free up Balls for his pull up J's as would attract a double team & would also help Burston get some easy points in the paint. Our other shooters Ng & Herbet would also benefit & Hill should progress along nicely.

He quit his chinese club in Feb so is available. I'd be enquirying about him to see if it is affordable & then try & sign Bruce on a reduced package.

Reply #242547 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

yeah sounds good. Has played approx 600 games in the NBA

Reply #242555 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

lol Wells would average 40+ ppg in this league.

Lets get Julius Hodge.

in all seriousness Bobby Jones.

Reply #242595 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Does anyone know how much money would have Bonzi been on in China? It sounds like it likes to be the big fish in a small pond

Reply #242610 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

More to the point - could we afford Bonzi? He looks like he would be a good, experienced and exciting addition to the sixers.

Reply #242629 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

That is why I was asking how much he got paid in China, if it is equivalent to $250000 Australian then I would be happy with 1 import and Bruce or a cheap second import. He would get bums on the seats

Reply #242648 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't someone say $500k at one point months and months ago?

Reply #242650 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I reckon it would be worth the 36ers making a quick call to his agent as he may accept less $$ given ourlifestyle is similar to what he would have back in the USA.

After his experience in China he may not want to go to a non english speaking European country & I doubt he'd go back to an asian country again.

I don't think he is attracting any interest from NBA clubs & can't see him playing in the D League.

Reply #242653 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754