EC
Years ago

What's happening about season tickets?

Does anyone have an update on when they are being offered? Does anyone know if the previous records have been retrieved by the new owners? I don't doubt that its been quite hectic in the office since the new owners took over, but a few words to inform the fans would be useful on the 36ers website.

Topic #20396 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

im with you one this on,

i would like to know it me sound simplistic but i need to know at least pricing for budgeting purposes,
i dont want to find out i need X amount of money and have only 1 month to pay it

Reply #242592 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC - they're proofing and then printing the brochures.

Thomo - similar to last year.

Reply #242606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10 minute quarters this season. I expect cheaper tickets too. 40 minute games...what a disgrace !

Reply #242607 | Report this post

affe 84  
Years ago

Tickets better be reduced by 15% as that is the amount of game time now gone.

Reply #242609 | Report this post

black dracula  
Years ago

Yeah, I'm sure that will happen /sarcasm

Reply #242612 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Hi Everyone
just dotting the i's and crossing the t's as we speak.
we should have something up on the website in the next 2 days

Reply #242613 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'm REALLY not a fan of 40 minute games. That decision will never make sense to me.

/offtopic

Reply #242625 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Are we keeping our seats, or have we lost the last 10 years of support?

Reply #242628 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Already mentioned previously, but your seat information has been retained.

Reply #242633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah really hate the reduced game time, i just cant see the point. And the prices dont go down so the fans get less product.

Reply #242634 | Report this post

Number 44  
Years ago

Plus less games, tickets should be a hell of a lot cheaper then last year.

Reply #242635 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

If you go see transformers 2 and it goes for 20 minutes less do you ask for cheaper tickets??

I hate the fact that it is only 40 minute games just as much as everyone else but that wasn't the choice of the Sixers.

On the plus side because there is less minutes so players will play more harder so hopefully this produces more exciting basketball. The only negative is that we wont get to see younger players playing any significant minutes which is always refreshing to watch.

My guess is price will remain the same which ill be happy to pay for. However, if next season the minutes go up again and the players remain on the same pay and the tickets go up in price ill be annoyed then.

I'm just happy we have a team and its looking like a competitive one. So we can all be greatful for that.

Reply #242640 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Well said KJ. Hate the shorter version as well but good to have a NBL still.

Reply #242642 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I get really annoyed with people complaining about seats price and product. Two months ago we didn't have a team. I am just so happy to be able to go see my team and don't care were it is at where I am sitting and am even happy to pay a bit more to make sure the team survives for another 25 years

Reply #242647 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

I agree with KJ etc. It seems people just need to create negative topics sometimes, whats with that?! Like Big Sexy said, 2 months ago, we DID NOT HAVE A TEAM! Be grateful, and get loud on game nights, and get ready to support a playoff bound team.

Reply #242664 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

thanks for the update, lookforward to renewing my seats and adding a extra one to the group,

so what if its 8 minutes a game left, ill be there come rain hail or shine

Reply #242670 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Less minutes so players will play harder?? Do you truly believe that KingJames??

Reply #242671 | Report this post

Ron T  
Years ago

Not the sixers fault but I agree with most I think it is a mistake to reduce the game time and give suppoters less for the entrance fee. Hopfully enough people will complain and it will revert back to 12 minute quarters next season. However still looking forward to the upcoming season.

Reply #242676 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Lockstock, presumably those who are established stats padders will want to try a bit harder!

I agree that 40 minutes sucks, mainly because we cab throw 30 seasons worth of statistical data out of the window, because we now need to start again.

Reply #242677 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Lockstock I was just saying that there is less minutes so the star players will be less tired so they will play at a higher level for longer.

Reply #242678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KingJames

In fact I'd suggest your star players will actually be worse off and therefore play more minutes tired than they would in a 48 minute game.

Teams will now run their starting 5 pretty hard and without the extra minutes I'd suggest your stars will still play the same amount of minutes as they would have before.

So say Ballinger for example played 36 mins of a 48 min game he'd have 12 mins of game time on the bench resting.

Now if Ballinger plays 36 mins of a 40 minute game he'd have 4 minutes of rest time during the game, meaning he'd be playing more minutes tired than before.

So the elite players will in theory not be able to play as hard as they won't have the same rest periods during the game as they did during a 48 minute game.

Reply #242679 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I don't think stats will change all that much as the main players will still play most of the minutes they usually play. The shorter games will affect the bench and development players. That's where most of the 8 minutes will be trimmed from. Apart from that, its not just Basketball that has become a shorter game but it affects products you buy all the time. There's been media criticism lately about Mars Bars how they have become smaller in size yet the price stays the same. Some drinks have gone from a 375ml bottle or can to 330ml. I've been watching the number of sheets on toilet rolls over the years and they get smaller and smaller but you wouldn't know it because they puff the rolls up with more air. Its right across a whole range of products that get smaller but price doesn't reduce. I am happy with the shorter games as long as you get the win. The other good thing about shorter games is that you have less opportunity to lose a player through foul exhaustion. You would think with less minutes, they wouldn't rack up as many fouls.

Reply #242682 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah I've been keeping my eye on those toilet paper rolls too... sneaky bastards.

KJ, I agree, but it would be fantastic if Transformers 2 was 20mins shorter, lol.
Still against the 40min games.

Reply #242695 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

EC, 5 fouls per player in a 40 minute game, 6 fouls per player in a 48 minute game. Net result is same number of fouls per minute of game time, and presumably just as many people fouling out.

Reply #242701 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

XY, had no idea the foul count was reducing as well. That makes it worse for star players as their minutes will probably not reduce proportionately to the reduced game time, therefore 1 less foul will make it even more difficult to stay in the game, particularly if they are foul prone.

Reply #242788 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754