DB5
Years ago

NH - Barry Hall quits Swans

Part time footy player/part time boxer Barry Hall has ended his association with the Sydney Swans effective immediately.

http://www.livenews.com.au/feature/barry-hall-quits-the-sydney-swans/2009/7/7/212190

Apparently wants to freshen up the rest of the season and then have a crack with a contender next year.
Sounds a bit like Marbury lol.

Topic #20401 | Report this topic

Jake  
Years ago

You could see that coming. He won't play AFL again. The Western Bulldogs would be his only chance & I doubt they would take the risk given his age / form / injuries.

IMO he'll take up pro boxing - probably more money in it for him if he can get the right promoter & assuming he is any good.

Reply #242652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ben rutten should have smashed him

Reply #242654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes he should have because it would have been ignored by the umpires like the first swipe was

Reply #242660 | Report this post

jakarta in NBL  
Years ago

It's funny, Bazza basically gets stood down (i doubt he quit purely off his own bat) and on the same day a top NRL player gets 6 weeks for running around naked, then taking a turd in a hotel fire escape.

I hope the swannies can recruit a tall player 2 play in the forwards next year, no bazza or o'loughlin; maybe o'hailpin could be coaxed over if kennelly comes back too (which he's thinking of doing cos theres no work in ireland). It's more acceptable to kick your fellow teamate on the date than love tap someone in the opposition apparently.

Reply #242662 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

On the flip side why wouldn't a Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast give Hall a shot next season, what have they got to lose? Somewhat similar to the Cousins situation in that there will always be one team that will take the risk on a trouble player with good skills.

Reply #242697 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I would think the Doggies would be a prime candidate for Bazza

They need a tall forward to challenge for a premiership and their time is now

Reply #243047 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:51 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754