What the
Years ago

What's the go with under 10's

Just looking through results, appears that Under 10 Div 1 is down to 5 teams, West have not played the last two games.
This must be a big concern!

Topic #20404 | Report this topic

concerned  
Years ago

West U10 have played the last two games? A few of the Div 1 sides dropped themselves to Div 2 to avoid playing the stronger clubs ie Forrestville, West & Sturt that is the reason for the low numbers in the Div 1 comp.

Can't believe Basketball SA allowed this in the first place. Understand clubs have done so to protect thier kids from getting beaten easily but check the Div 2 scores and look at what these Div 1 sides dropping down to Div 2 are doing to the legitimate Div 2 sides now.

I can't see how dropping legitimate Div 1 teams to Div 2 is doing any good. Instead of these Div 1 sides getting beaten by the strong 3 the poor Div 2 sides are getting it instead! Really not fair to the clubs who have worked hard to get two teams and filled thier bottom sides with 6 and 7 yr olds.

West are definately fielding both of thier teams on a regular basis so not sure where your info is coming from.

Reply #242688 | Report this post

concerned  
Years ago

i am talking about the girls btw!!

Reply #242689 | Report this post

What the  
Years ago

I was talking boys, same deal, many teams have gone down to div 2

Reply #242691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What bothers me about this is what happens to decide the finals for the boys/girls in Div 2. Teams which may have played are being pushed out IF the rankings are decided by winning %.

What message does that send to teams which would have played in finals and now miss out. In my opinion teams which have dropped down so late in the year should not be allowed to participate in finals - they need to place the majority of the season in a certain grade to qualify for the finals.

Other teams remaining in Div 1 are in my opinion worse than some of the teams which have gone down - I guess they could go down as well and be left with only a couple of teams.

Reply #242707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA have little interested in an Under 10 competition.

Expect it to disappear shortly.

Reply #242715 | Report this post

w  
Years ago

Under 10s disappear would be the worse thing basketball could do!

Reply #242716 | Report this post

John Edwards  
Years ago

On the cards!!

Reply #242723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and what is it to be replaced with? - more City/South competitions. I hope they put something else in place before any change occurs. Already it is hard enough getting players when kids have choices to play a variety of sports at a club level before they are allowed to play basketball.

Make them wait until U12 and you might find that they are already more committed to other sports.

I guess the people making these decision are young people with young kids or are they relying on their experiences from 30 years ago or from grand kids and they would know best!!!

Reply #242729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:30 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754