Isaac
Years ago

Deano tops Hoops SA Tips, crap prize follows

The Hoops SA NBL Tipping Competition has drawn to a close with a three-way tie. Deano, flatshot and coachflynn all finished on 112 points, but Deano emerged victorious with a superior accumulated margin.

Within striking distance were huggienet, passback, and fietzy, each only a single point off the pace. Ashman was 7th with 110, while 8, 9 and 10th place went to billo, dogra and myself (all on 109). Flatshot was leading the competition by 2 points, but tipped a woeful 4/9 in the clutch round to drop the ball.

The mystery prize won by Deano is dinner somewhere tragic (I haven't decided -- maybe the ever-dorky Imperial Room).

Thanks to everyone for participating. You can see the final standings at the NBL Tipping site.

Topic #2041 | Report this topic

Deano  
Years ago

I'd like to thank God, my parents etc etc...

I hear you spend up big when you take people out for dinner Isaac.... I have high expectations.

Reply #22948 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Got to love the person who finished 16th overall with a point margin of 20,832....that is some big blow outs during the year incorrectly predicted

Reply #22952 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think I could safely allow you the most expensive dish at Imperial Room and walk away with change. Haha.

KB - that margin accumulated about 1000 per round. I can't help but think that the individual responsible misunderstood the concept. We can only hope!

Reply #22958 | Report this post

huggienet  
Years ago

All I know is if the 6ers won (didn't throw), that would be my dinner! :-)

Reply #22968 | Report this post

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

Well done Deano - enjoy the meal.

The tipping comp had its other benefits: while I barely scraped into the Top 10, I also managed to fluke a second place in the weekly prize and as a prize scored a $50 account with the sportsacumen.com online betting agency.

And courtesy of $10 on Alicia Molik to stitch up Venus Williams in the tennis, I have now parlayed that initial balance $50 into a phenomenonal balance of $72.

sportsacumen.com by all reports has been brought to its knees by my explosive betting, and surely $72 is not too far away from being able to purchase the Hunter Pirates license.

And it's all thanks to Quentin and the NBL tipping competition - hats off to him.

Reply #23026 | Report this post

passback  
Years ago

congrats Deano enjoy your meal!
thanks Isaac and Quentin it has been interesting.

Reply #23058 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:15 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754