Isaac
Years ago

Funny ABL Tipping on its way

There will obviously be another announcement once the tipping competition gets underway and a lot more plugs to come, but I'd just like to let everyone know that thanks to Bill Hopkins and CustomTel (SA/NT), the ABL tipping competition will be going ahead.

CustomTel supply, install and maintain phone systems, data cabling and Telstra applications for any size business in SA. They're based at Clarence Gardens and have nine field technicians. Head to their website (linked above) for more information and contact details.

Stay tuned. I'll try to find some time this afternoon to evaluate the potential tipping software and hopefully get things moving ASAP.

Thanks again to CustomTel for their quick response and support of the community.

Topic #2042 | Report this topic

J Bags  
Years ago

Thanks Billy! You are very supportive to the Basketball community and the shamless plug is well comended!

How did you get that bags tied up?
Its Wireless Baby!!!!!

Reply #22960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done Isaac and Bill

Reply #23009 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Found some software that looks like it might cover the needs of the competition. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

Inputting the schedule, men and womens games. I'm up to Round 6, doing a round here and there in between "real" work. I should be finished by next year sometime!

Reply #23024 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Great Stuff Isaac and CustomTel.

So you're not going with NBL Tipping customization?

Reply #23057 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DJ -- would've been ideal IMO, but Quentin is just too busy this season (doing QABL and SEABL customisations). I found some tipping software written by a student in WA that looks like it's worth a shot. It's not web-based, but you run everything via a program that produces the HTML files for the ladder, schedules, etc. The big disadvantage is that tips are going to have to be entered semi-manually, but the footy.com.au option didn't really turn out that well (expensive to even run your own schedule and league).

We'll see. I've entered up to Round 6 so far. Data entry is so boring.

Reply #23098 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

Isaac,

Id be happy to give you a hand with some data entry if you were interested and it can be done by someone with absolutely no web knowledge whatsoever!

Send me an email if you are interested maybe.

Reply #23109 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Only problem is that it's done via an application on my computer. I have 12 rounds (so, 120 games with venues and times) still to go.

Then I can run a quick trial and we're off.

Reply #23111 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

No probs..

I thought it might be something like that..

Reply #23112 | Report this post

fat dougs  
Years ago

isaac,
you are a good man, and if i were in the 6ers heirachy i would be making some room, and making aserious offer to you. through this website alone you have brought a great deal of interest to basketball in this state.
this is yet another way you are bringing great things to the fans of SA...keep up the good work.

Reply #23132 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks for your kind words, but having Oscar and I in the same organisation would be a disaster of distraction. Well, that is unless there was a way to make money from beating Todd Gower at Halo 2!

Reply #23134 | Report this post

Fritz and Sauce  
Years ago

Gower good at a game??? Come on!!!

Reply #23176 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:39 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754