Woody
Years ago

New AIS scholarships

Is anyone aware of athletes that have been given the latest AIS scholarships?

Topic #20422 | Report this topic

Years ago

Mitch Creek, from country victoria.

id assume maybe iggy hadziocermoic

Reply #242890 | Report this post

lion tamer  
Years ago

Dan Carlin CDBC

Reply #242900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard from on of the Melbourne coaches that Iggy has to finish year 12 then go possibly next year. Lacky Winter is another one.

Reply #243025 | Report this post

LBJ  
Years ago

Lachlan Winter- Sandringham VIC
Daniel Carlin- Sthn Districts SA
John Fenton- Bathurst NSW
Mitchell Creek- Horsham VIC

Never heard of Winter or Fenton??

Reply #243038 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Yeah ever heard of those 2 either but surely they can play if they have bee given a scholarship. Any idea what position they both play?

How about the girls? Surely Steph Talbot from SA country will be there very soon?

Reply #243062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dean has left the building so with any luck you will have to be selected on ability from now on, not merely be from a certain geographic location.
As for your comment Woody, I agree and she might be the first deserving candidate for quite some time.

Reply #243066 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

First deserving candidate for some time? I think thats extremely rich!! With the men currently playing off for 4 3rd at world champs they clearly are not slouches!

There is also always more to the selection than pure ability like attitude and work ethic.

I would agree that some scholarships are questionable, but there is a reason that the coaches at the A.I.S are there - they know their basketball.

Reply #243125 | Report this post

LBJ  
Years ago

Just found out some info on Fenton and Winter

Fenton is a very wiry 6'7"-6'8"? forward who was on the NSW country team at the 2009 U18's in Gawler. Apparently was one of their best players.

According to the Sabres website Winter is a 6'10" (208cm) 17 year old who plays SEABL D-League for Sandringham. Bit of a project I think, he didnt even make u18 vic metro side this year.

Reply #243190 | Report this post

Ostrich 21  
Years ago

Girls - Qld North Townsville Nadeen Payne
- Tasmania Tayla Roberts

Well done to both. Very deserving Nadeen No 1 pick from U18 nationals - bottom age. New coach saw talent straight away.

Reply #244127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fuck u lbj faggotl

Reply #303949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks mrs payne

Reply #303951 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754