TR
Years ago

Bogut has hit No 1.....to Atlanta

Here is the link

www.nbadraft.net

No 1: Atlanta Hawks and right next to that, one A.BOGUT

I can now see cheezeburger doing a little 'Last Boy Scout' jig around his computer....

I do agree with the few other postings, I want Bogut to go No 1, whilst I hope he doesn't go the same way as Kandiman, Smith, Brown as No.1 picks.

Topic #2046 | Report this topic

In the know  
Years ago

What has happened to schenscher?

Reply #23023 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Luke has dropped out of the second round, but it's only a projection at this time. Maybe if the Jackets can repeat last years Final 4 run then his stocks will go back up.

I can think of a few teams that need a 7 footer running around.

Maybe something Adelaide should be thinking about.

Reply #23033 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well when bogut in starting pf or centre the hawks will give him like about 35-40 mins a game.he will be a rookie of the year contender with the hawks next year.bogut future is better with the hawks then anywhere else.the hornets hes got pj brown and jamaal maglore in his way,charllote he has okafor and brezec in his way.he has no one in his way once to hawks draft him.and when we trade walker soon for a draft pick.the hawks will loose 90% of there games in the rest of the season.which means number 1 pick for the ATLANTA HAWKS.

Reply #23046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another well worded concise post.

Reply #23048 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Fair go Anonymous, let me guess, your the same person that had a similar post on the womens aba predictions.

Everything Cheezeburger said is correct, if Atlanta gets the no 1, they will select Bogut, the Cat's dont really need him, whilst I think it is possible for the Hornets to select Bogut. If Bogut slides, he won't go any lower than Utah at 5.

and at least he posts under a name, and not Anonymous.

Reply #23050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Atlanta's number still has to come up at the lottery

Reply #23051 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Anonymous, you are a knob. Of course all of the above depends on that fact. Thankyou for enlightening us all.

Reply #23053 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

anonymouse you soft person post with a name.

Reply #23054 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

all my contraversial are under my name.unlike 90% of the people on the forum.

Reply #23055 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Using your own name hey???

Oh but of course....Cheeszeburger you must be the son of Mr Ham and Mrs Chicken Fillet Burger. Is your French cousin 'Royal with Cheeze':P

Reply #23059 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Would Utah select Bogut if they went No 1?

Reply #23060 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

liam, i bet you thought poeople would laugh at your post.but sorry to say no one will.

Reply #23062 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

utah will not get a top 2 pick.geez get in in your thick heads.the number 1 pick is only out of hawks,hornets and bobcats.bogut will go top 2.

Reply #23063 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

the odds of any other team moving up in the lottery in like 1 in a million.

Reply #23064 | Report this post

The Hammer  
Years ago

Just a thought but wasnt everyone saying that Antoine Walker would be putting up MVP like stats but it seems walker is not doing all that much. can your predictions of Bogut being rookie of the year come through?

Reply #23066 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

yes hamma.walker cant shoot because hes trying to be a hero and talking bad shots.his numbers are still big hamma.bogut will be rookie of the year

Reply #23067 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

TR are you a hawks fan?

Reply #23068 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

shut up cheezeburger, ur making a fool of urself.

Reply #23071 | Report this post

cail  
Years ago

jimmy, he already is a fool

Reply #23075 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Even if Bogut was unlucky enough to go to the Hawks they would still suck in a big way
I admire your loyalty Cheese but the fact remains that they have stunk it up for years and its going to take more than a 7' Australian kid (no matter how talented he is) to turn it all around!

Reply #23077 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Damn no..........Hawks fan, &^%* me I would rather stab myself in the eye with a golf tee, and then use a one wood to hammer it home....Charlotte all the way baby..

But I'm a big Bogut fan after watching him carve everyone up here in Berra and at the Titute. Not to mention being posterised by him during a pick up game once. Doubt he would remember the little scrote (me) deciding to try and grab a board and having him fly over my left shoulder and tip dunk it in...I think he used my forehead as a springboard.

Reply #23082 | Report this post

//R  
Years ago

Cheeze, your loyalty to Bogut is commendable but seriously, you cant claim outright that he will be ROY. Look at this year so far: Howard has had a solid year, but Okafor has him beat hands down. Now you have to throw Ben Gordan into the mix, cause that kid is carving it up nite in, nite out. And off the bench. (NOTE: He gave Miami 29 today, with 5 trey's in the 4th and OT) It all depends on the impact they have during the season, not their f*^king draft position.

Reply #23087 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

//R,

I'm confused, your claiming the Bogut has to beat Howard, Okafor and Gordon for ROY.....huh!!!! you have lost me.

How does this work when the three mentioned are rookies now as in 2004/2005, and Bogut will be a rookie (2005/2006) next year if he declares.

Howard, Okafor and Gordon have nothing to do with Bogut being ROY next year if he is fortunate to win it. Agree, way too early to be clearing Bogut ROY, but he has the same chance as every other rook.

Reply #23101 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

//R is comparing last year's draft positions to their ROTY chances in their first season.

The argument against that is that Okafor was considered the better player and only missed going #1 (as I recall it) because Orlando felt that Howard would be a better fit for their roster.

If Bogut goes to a team with good opportunities, he will be a strong chance at ROTY. Are there currently any other stand-out names who have declared?

Reply #23103 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Man change the topic if Cheeze thinks Bogut will be ROY then let him say it, everyone has an opinion

Reply #23118 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

most people on this topic are lost because firstly most people in basketball in australia go for chicago or lakers or dallas are some other big name team.geez that wagon must be chock a block full by now,i think its time for a service.and why cant i think bogut will go rookie of the year?who else is he up againest?

Reply #23155 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Thanks for the update Isaac, at the time of posting it was still early and I had no coffee. All makes sense now.

Reply #23172 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Utah Utes back on the winners list over the weekend. Bogut: 26 points, 13 rebounds, 3 steals in 38 minutes. Was playing against BYU who feature Danny Ainge's son Austin (he had 17, 5 and 6).

Reply #23652 | Report this post

//R  
Years ago

Apologies for the confusion TR. And cheers to Issac for clearing that up. For the record, from what I remember, many folks did think that Okafor was the more complete player. Specially since his offensive game came on during his senior year. But his constant back troubles during his last college season scared a few teams off a little. Not that it has been a problem this year. God knows I would have taken Okafor over Howard anyhow.

//R

Reply #23900 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

//R, I was doing the "last boy scout" jig when I heard that Orlando were going to take Howard with the first pick. Personally I think Okafor is a much better player.

Draft position means jack these days, just have a look at Gilbert Areana's (however you spell it), he's a second round draft pick. In the end it all comes down to opportunity and being drafted by a team that is willing to play to your style. Ben Wallace,never drafted from memory, or he was a second rounder.

Go you Bobcats...

Reply #23939 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

ben wallace was not drafted

Reply #23940 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hey Cheeze, Speaking with a friend in Atlanta today, if the Hawks get number one, hello Mr Bogut. Word over there is that if New Orleans get No 1, they will take Chris Paul to replace Baron, sliding Bogut to number 2, and maybe Atlanta.

The Hawks want Bogut bbbaadddddd!!!!

Reply #23942 | Report this post

Buddha  
Years ago

Another bobcats fan....yay...that makes 3 of us in Australia :P. Also like the clippers tho...Bobby Simmons = Chilla....btw yeah boguts good (had to keep in with the topic)

Reply #23984 | Report this post

bball4  
Years ago

Hawks will not get Bogut. I believe they will draft Marvin williams and trade al harrington away. But i have heard recently that the hawks will be giving up the number 2 pick two get picks 5 and 12 cause charlotte really wants chris paul which i think chris is way overated. Jarret Jack is the bigger can drive better Jarret is a typical nba point guard. Paul is way to small.

Reply #37612 | Report this post

jazz  
Years ago

bogut is going to milwaukee!! the bucks got #1 pick!! i am going to be his biggest fan and get his guernsey!! go bogut!

Reply #37615 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I recently spoke to a connection in Atlanta who said that a recent proposal floating around is the Cats giving the Hawks the 5th pick, and the future 1st rounder that the Raptors owe the Cats for the 2nd pick. If that happens, the Cats will not pick Paul, but either M.Williams or Bogut (pending on what the Bucks do).

The Cats would only pick Paul is that trade doesn't come off (or the potential trade with Blazers fail) and he slips to 5th.

The PG race is now interesting, Felton is ripping it up (shot 18/25 from 3 point land in a workout with New Orleans, all off the dribble and catch and shoot, and teams are having problems finding a weakness).

Paul could slip to 6 or 7, or be taken by the Blazers and then traded to another team, like a Devin Harris trade last year.

Reply #37624 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754