Isaac
Years ago

36ERS first opponent decided tonight

Brisbane host Hunter tonight in the first NBL finals game of 2004/05.

The NBL site has a preview of the game, and predicts that Brisbane will win a tough match by 4.

The winner travels to Adelaide to face the 36ERS in a knock-out final on Friday night at the Dome. The loser starts their off-season break early.

The game is on Fox Sports 1 at 7:30 AEDT which is 7:00 PM in Adelaide. Tune in to see who we face next.

Topic #2048 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL.com has got the gave scheduled Bullets v Pirates, 6:40PM AEST

Reply #23034 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, I noticed that. I was going by Fox's schedule. Remember the difference between AEST and AEDT? No? I don't either.

Reply #23035 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

640 is local time in Brissy

We are an hour behind the rest of the Eastern seaboard as we dont have daylight savings :)

Reply #23036 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

We are half an hour behind NSW and VIC (as per normal). During daylight daylight saving QLD are half an hour behind us (SA) and one hour behind VIC and NSW, as they don't have it.

Reply #23037 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

Yep, we are half hour ahead of Bris...

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Reply #23038 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

well isaac i said pirates by 10 and at 3/4 time its all locked up. lets hope for OT.

Reply #23070 | Report this post

passback  
Years ago

brisbane won

Reply #23072 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Bring on the Bullets....hopefully that win will leave them drained for Friday night.

Reply #23073 | Report this post

fat dougs  
Years ago

it looks like old man rucker and black were clutch down the stretch to get the bullets home....awesome old school rucker....lets hope he is tired for friday night...and our clutch man maher can get the job done...i am sure he will.

Reply #23074 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Kerle wasnt a factor tonight and was hardly used - lets hope that Willie can get on him early and keep him down. Mathews also hit 8/12 from the line - surely with his seasons record that sort of foul shooting will be a one off!
God I hope Wille has another night out and gets right up mick Hill - I cant stand him!

Reply #23078 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

it will be a tight game. With derek in this time we will need to find an extra gear. Hopefully the bench guys can lift a bit more and keep the pressure on. Anyone know have ticket sales have been going?

Reply #23079 | Report this post

warrior  
Years ago

a sign of things to come perhaps?

30 free throw attempts to brisbane
a staggering 8 to hunter for the match!

fouls 24 hunter
13 brisbane

thoughts? the home team getting the good deal? will this continue or was it just a coincidence. 8 free throws for the match! bit rough surely

Reply #23081 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i would say so! if they were there ok, but it could not be so one sided. Just hope we play a good strong game and all turn up to play, thats the key in my view. Farley, dusty, maher will have big games but we need the other to keep pressure on so we have no flat spots or go missing. We cant let black and rucker start to feel it from range.

Reply #23086 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

WEll, considering the refs were Weeks, Aylen and another non Brisbane ref, I cant see how the home team got an advantage.

All refs on all games will be refs NOT associated with the state of either team playing.

Reply #23090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the other non brisbane ref was roger shiels from sydney, so aylen is from melbourne, weeks from adelaide.

however, yogee you will be found to be WRONG with your bit about all refs not being associated with the state that is playing.

the top 3 ref's in australia are mildenhall, hunt and butler

if melb plays brisbane as unlikely as that maybe you should find that combination on a game

if brisbane makes the grand final i'm sure scott butler will have one of the series.

if sydney makes the grand final i'm sure roger shiels will have one of the games

if adelaide makes the grand final i'm sure geoff weeks will have one of the games

only at the olympics and international events do you not referee the country you represent.

Reply #23092 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last night we were talking about who we were hoping might be "unfortunately" injured, just for the next game. From Hunter, my pick was Kavossy Franklin; from the Bullets, Bryant Matthews. (Oscar's were Wethers and Black).

How many lay-ups did the Hunter big men miss? Not good.

Reply #23097 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754